Maghreb Rural-Urban Migration: The Movement to Morocco’s Towns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Imbert, Clement & Papp, John, 2016.
"Short-term Migration Rural Workfare Programs and Urban Labor Markets - Evidence from India,"
Economic Research Papers
269578, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Imbert, Clément & Papp, John, 2016. "Short-term Migration Rural Workfare Programs and Urban Labor Markets - Evidence from India," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1116, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Kudo, Yuya, 2015. "Female Migration for Marriage: Implications from the Land Reform in Rural Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 41-61.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Acosta, Pablo & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, J. Humberto, 2007. "The impact of remittances on poverty and human capital : evidence from Latin American household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4247, The World Bank.
- Jamal Bouoiyour, Amal Miftah, 2015.
"Migration, remittances and educational levels of household members left behind: Evidence from rural Morocco,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 12(1), pages 21-40, July.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Amal Miftah, 2015. "Migration, remittances and educational levels of household members left behind: Evidence from rural Morocco," Working Papers hal-01880328, HAL.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Amal Miftah, 2015. "Migration, remittances and educational levels of household members left behind: Evidence from rural Morocco," Post-Print hal-01879676, HAL.
- Jamal BOUOIYOUR & Amal MIFTAH, 2015. "Migration, remittances and educational levels of household members left behind: Evidence from rural Morocco," Working Papers 2015-2016_3, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Sep 2015.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Maurizio Bussolo & María Soledad Martínez Peria & César Calderón & Yira Mascaró & Mette E. Nielsen & Pablo Acosta & J. Humberto López & Çaglar Özden & Yoko Niimi & Luis Molina & Florencia Moizeszowicz, 2008. "Remittances and Development: Lessons from Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59678 edited by J. Humberto López & Pablo Fajnzylber, February.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Amal Miftah, 2015.
"Why do migrants remit? Testing hypotheses for the case of Morocco,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Amal Miftah, 2015. "Why do migrants remit? Testing hypotheses for the case of Morocco," Post-Print hal-01879680, HAL.
- Fan, C. Simon & Stark, Oded, 2008.
"Rural-to-urban migration, human capital, and agglomeration,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 234-247, October.
- Stark, Oded & Fan, C. Simon, 2007. "Rural-to-Urban Migration, Human Capital, and Agglomeration," Discussion Papers 7116, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- repec:idb:brikps:59678 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lanzona, Leonardo A., 1998. "Migration, self-selection and earnings in Philippine rural communities," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 27-50, June.
- Zhong Zhao, 2005. "Migration, Labor Market Flexibility, and Wage Determination in China: A Review," Labor and Demography 0507009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kochar, Anjini, 2004. "Urban influences on rural schooling in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 113-136, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2017-05-07 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MIG-2017-05-07 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2017-05-07 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erg:wpaper:1082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sherine Ghoneim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erfaceg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.