The ECB’s QE: Time to break the doom loop between banks and their governments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gros, Daniel, 2013. "Banking Union with a Sovereign Virus: The self-serving regulatory treatment of sovereign debt in the euro area," CEPS Papers 7904, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Lannoo, Karel, 2014. "ECB Banking Supervision and beyond," CEPS Papers 9897, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Ayadi, Rym & De Groen, Willem Pieter, 2014. "Banking Business Models Monitor 2014: Europe," CEPS Papers 9713, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Daniel Gros, 2013. "Banking union with a sovereign virus," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 48(2), pages 93-97, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donadelli, Michael & Jüppner, Marcus & Prosperi, Lorenzo, 2019. "Risk weighting, private lending and macroeconomic dynamics," Discussion Papers 30/2019, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Singh, Manish K. & Gómez-Puig, Marta & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simón, 2015.
"Bank risk behavior and connectedness in EMU countries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 161-184.
- Manish K. Singh & Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2015. "“Bank risk behavior and connectedness in EMU countries”," IREA Working Papers 201517, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jun 2015.
- De Groen, Willem Pieter, 2016. "The EBA EU-wide Stress Test 2016: Deciphering the black box," CEPS Papers 11768, Centre for European Policy Studies.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jack Bekooij & Jon Frost & Remco van der Molen & Krzysztof Muzalewski, 2016. "Hazardous tango: Sovereign-bank interdependencies across countries and time," DNB Working Papers 541, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Dragos G. TURLIUC & Andreea N. POPOVICI, 2013. "TOWARDS THE EUROPEAN BANKING UNION-Literature review," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 1, pages 221-229, June.
- Eleonora Cutrini & Giorgio Galeazzi, 2017. "External Public Debt, Trade Linkages and Contagion During the Eurozone Crisis," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(9), pages 1718-1749, September.
- Paolo Angelini & Giuseppe Grande & Fabio Panetta, 2014. "The negative feedback loop between banks and sovereigns," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 213, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gianluca Cafiso, 2014. "Debt Sustainability in the Case of External Debt. An Analysis Based on Italy's Treasury Auctions," CESifo Working Paper Series 5021, CESifo.
- Fabrizio Balassone & Sara Cecchetti & Martina Cecioni & Marika Cioffi & Wanda Cornacchia & Flavia Corneli & Gabriele Semeraro, 2016. "Risk Reduction and Risk Sharing in the Governance of the Euro Area," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 463-488.
- Micossi, Stefano, 2017. "A Blueprint for Completing the Banking Union," CEPS Papers 13212, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Gianluca Cafiso, 2013. "Public-Debt Financing in the case of External Debt," Working Papers 2013-37, CEPII research center.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:27:turliucd,popovicia is not listed on IDEAS
- van Riet, Ad, 2016.
"Government Funding Privileges in European Financial Law : Making Public Debt Everybody's Favourite?,"
2016-045, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Riet, Ad, 2016. "Government Funding Privileges in European Financial Law : Making Public Debt Everybody's Favourite?," Other publications TiSEM b1290139-3e4e-4a2d-a783-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Fritz Breuss, 2013. "European Banking Union," WIFO Working Papers 454, WIFO.
- Eleonora Cutrini and Giorgio Galeazzi, 2014. "Contagion in the Euro crisis: capital flows and trade linkages," Working Papers 44-2014, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Nov 2014.
- Lannoo, Karel, 2017. "Uneven progress in implementing cross-border bank resolution in the EU," CEPS Papers 12733, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Michele Lanotte & Giacomo Manzelli & Anna Maria Rinaldi & Marco Taboga & Pietro Tommasino, 2016. "Easier said than done? Reforming the prudential treatment of banksï¿½ sovereign exposures," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 326, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Coimbra, Nuno, 2020. "Sovereigns at risk: A dynamic model of sovereign debt and banking leverage," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(C).
- Kathrin Berensmann & Florence Dafe & Ulrich Volz, 2015. "Developing local currency bond markets for long-term development financing in Sub-Saharan Africa," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(3-4), pages 350-378.
- Mario Sarcinelli, 2013. "The European Banking Union: Will It Be a True Union without Risk Sharing?," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 66(265), pages 137-167.
- Stefan Ederer & Stefan Weingärtner, 2013. "Remapping EMU. On the Future Construction of Economic and Monetary Union. WWWforEurope Policy Paper No. 5," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 47009.
- Fabrizio Balassone & Sara Cecchetti & Martina Cecioni & Marika Cioffi & Wanda Cornacchia & Flavia Corneli & Gabriele Semeraro, 2018.
"Economic governance in the euro area: balancing risk reduction and risk sharing,"
Chapters, in: Giuseppe Eusepi & Richard E. Wagner (ed.), Debt Default and Democracy, chapter 7, pages 124-154,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fabrizio Balassone & Sara Cecchetti & Martina Cecioni & Marika Cioffi & Wanda Cornacchia & Flavia Corneli & Gabriele Semeraro, 2016. "Economic governance in the euro area: balancing risk reduction and risk sharing," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 344, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Anna Eugenia Omarini, 2018. "Banks and Fintechs: How to Develop a Digital Open Banking Approach for the Bank’s Future," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(9), pages 23-36, September.
- Belke, Ansgar & Gros, Daniel, 2015.
"Banking Union as a Shock Absorber,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
548, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Daniel Gros, 2015. "Banking Union as a Shock Absorber," ROME Working Papers 201502, ROME Network.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-06-27 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2015-06-27 (European Economics)
- NEP-MON-2015-06-27 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eps:cepswp:10299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Margarita Minkova (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.