The Human Capital Dimensions of Sustainable Investment: What Investment Analysts Need to Know
This paper identifies a number of questions that need to be answered if the growing interest in building investment portfolios of firms that follow socially and environmentally sustainable practices is to be successful in transforming the financial institutions and analysts from a liability to an asset in expanding the number of sustainable firms in the economy. Evidence from three decades of research on “high performance workplace practices” is reviewed that identifies what is required for firms to align human capital and financial strategies. A longer term research and education agenda is presented for answering the remaining open questions.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1611 Connecticut Ave, NW Suite 400, Washington, DC 20009|
Phone: (202) 293-5380
Fax: (202) 588 1356
Web page: http://www.cepr.net/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jody Hoffer Gittell & Andrew Von Nordenflycht & Thomas A. Kochan, 2004. "Mutual Gains or Zero Sum? Labor Relations and Firm Performance in the Airline Industry," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(2), pages 163-180, January.
- John-Paul Ferguson, 2008. "The Eyes of the Needles: A Sequential Model of Union Organizing Drives, 1999â€“2004," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 62(1), pages 3-21, October.
- Peter Cappelli & David Neumark, 2001. "Do â€œHigh-Performanceâ€ Work Practices Improve Establishment-Level Outcomes?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 737-775, July.
- Carrie R. Leana & Frits K. Pil, 2006. "Social Capital and Organizational Performance: Evidence from Urban Public Schools," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 353-366, June.
- Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, 1991. "The Impact on Economic Performance of a Transformation in Workplace Relations," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(2), pages 241-260, January.
- Kochan, Thomas A., 1996. "What works at work : overview and assessment," Working papers 3886-96., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Daniel Z. Levin & Rob Cross, 2004. "The Strength of Weak Ties You Can Trust: The Mediating Role of Trust in Effective Knowledge Transfer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1477-1490, November.
- John Paul Macduffie, 1995. "Human Resource Bundles and Manufacturing Performance: Organizational Logic and Flexible Production Systems in the World Auto Industry," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(2), pages 197-221, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:epo:papers:2013-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.