Local economic development and migrant remittances in rural Zimbabwe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Ellis, 1998. "Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-38.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2006. "People Flows in Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 145-170, Spring.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Bayangos, Veronica & Jansen, Karel, 2011. "Remittances and Competitiveness: The Case of the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1834-1846.
- France Maphosa, 2007. "Remittances and development: the impact of migration to South Africa on rural livelihoods in southern Zimbabwe," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 123-136.
- Etienne Nel & Tony Binns, 2001. "Initiating 'Developmental Local Government' in South Africa: Evolving Local Economic Development Policy," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 355-362.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Djajić, Slobodan & Vinogradova, Alexandra, 2015. "Overshooting the Savings Target: Temporary Migration, Investment in Housing and Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 110-121.
More about this item
KeywordsZimbabwe; employment creation; enterprise creation; local development; migration; remittances;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2011-07-13 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:23272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.