Inequality and Relative Ability Beliefs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Uri Gneezy & Kenneth L. Leonard & John A. List, 2009.
"Gender Differences in Competition: Evidence From a Matrilineal and a Patriarchal Society,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(5), pages 1637-1664, September.
- Uri Gneezy & Kenneth L. Leonard & John A. List, 2008. "Gender Differences in Competition: Evidence from a Matrilineal and a Patriarchal Society," NBER Working Papers 13727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Uri Gneezy & Kenneth Leonard & John List, 2009. "Gender differences in competition: Evidence from a matrilineal and a patriarchal society," Artefactual Field Experiments 00049, The Field Experiments Website.
- Grossman, Zachary & Owens, David, 2012.
"An unlucky feeling: Overconfidence and noisy feedback,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 510-524.
- Grossman, Zachary & Owens, David, 2010. "An Unlucky Feeling: Overconfidence and Noisy Feedback," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt13r2f3gt, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Grossman, Zachary & Owens, David, 2011. "An Unlucky Feeling: Persistent Overestimation of Absolute Performance with Noisy Feedback," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt0dh5s03j, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Caroline Hoxby & Christopher Avery, 2013.
"The Missing "One-Offs": The Hidden Supply of High-Achieving, Low-Income Students,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 44(1 (Spring), pages 1-65.
- Caroline M. Hoxby & Christopher Avery, 2012. "The Missing "One-Offs": The Hidden Supply of High-Achieving, Low Income Students," NBER Working Papers 18586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Eil & Justin M. Rao, 2011. "The Good News-Bad News Effect: Asymmetric Processing of Objective Information about Yourself," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 114-138, May.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Entrenching inequality
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-04-04 19:11:33
- On endogenous preferences
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-05-06 17:51:02
- Bosses pay: the right's problem
by ? in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2016-08-09 18:14:00
- Grammar schools & stereotype threat
by ? in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2016-09-16 18:22:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ifcher, John & Zarghamee, Homa & Graham, Carol Lee, 2016. "Income Inequality and Well-Being in the U.S.: Evidence of Geographic-Scale- and Measure-Dependence," IZA Discussion Papers 10155, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Norma Burow & Miriam Beblo & Denis Beninger & Melanie Schröder, 2017. "Why Do Women Favor Same-Gender Competition? Evidence from a Choice Experiment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1662, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2013-03-30 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2013-03-30 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-03-30 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2013-03-30 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LTV-2013-03-30 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eie:wpaper:1305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Facundo Piguillem). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/einauit.html .