Challenges of Transformation: Innovation, Re-bundling and Traditional Manufacturing in Canada's Technology Triangle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron A. Boschma & Jan G. Lambooy, 1999. "Evolutionary economics and economic geography," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 411-429.
- Scott, Allen J., 1999. "Regions and the World Economy: The Coming Shape of Global Production, Competition, and Political Order," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296584.
- Frank Neffke & Martin Henning & Ron Boschma, 2011.
"How Do Regions Diversify over Time? Industry Relatedness and the Development of New Growth Paths in Regions,"
Clark University, vol. 87(3), pages 237-265, July.
- Frank Neffke & Martin Henning & Martin Ron Boschma, 2009. "How do regions diversify over time? Industry relatedness and the development of new growth paths in regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0916, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Oct 2009.
- Kaufmann, A. & Lehner, P. & Todtling, F., 2003.
"Effects of the Internet on the spatial structure of innovation networks,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 402-424, September.
- Tödtling, Franz & Kaufmann, Alexander & Lehner, Patrick, 2002. "Effects of the internet on the spatial structure of innovation networks," ERSA conference papers ersa02p198, European Regional Science Association.
- Foss, Nicolai J. (ed.), 1997. "Resources, Firms, and Strategies: A Reader in the Resource-Based Perspective," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198781790.
- Gertler, Meric S., 2004. "Manufacturing Culture: The Institutional Geography of Industrial Practice," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233824.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2006. "Path dependence and regional economic evolution," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 395-437, August.
- Danny MacKinnon & Andrew Cumbers & Andy Pike & Kean Birch & Robert McMaster, 2009. "Evolution in Economic Geography: Institutions, Political Economy, and Adaptation," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 85(2), pages 129-150, April.
- Andy Pike & Stuart Dawley & John Tomaney, 2010. "Resilience, adaptation and adaptability," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 3(1), pages 59-70.
- James Simmie & Ron Martin, 2009. "The economic resilience of regions: towards an evolutionary approach," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 3(1), pages 27-43.
- Welch, Catherine & Marschan-Piekkari, Rebecca & Penttinen, Heli & Tahvanainen, Marja, 2002. "Corporate elites as informants in qualitative international business research," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 611-628, October.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Harald Bathelt & Dieter Kogler & Andrew Munro, 2011. "Social Foundations of Regional Innovation and the Role of University Spin-Offs: The Case of Canada's Technology Triangle," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 461-486.
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2009. "Technological relatedness and regional branching," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0907, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jun 2009.
- Robert Hassink, 2005. "How to unlock regional economies from path dependency? From learning region to learning cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 521-535, June.
- Susan Christopherson & Jonathan Michie & Peter Tyler, 2010. "Regional resilience: theoretical and empirical perspectives," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 3(1), pages 3-10.
- Bramwell, Allison & Wolfe, David A., 2008. "Universities and regional economic development: The entrepreneurial University of Waterloo," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1175-1187, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronald V. Kalafsky, 2016. "Examining the Global Machine Tool Industry: Transitions or Continuity?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 138-156, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCanadaÕs Technology Triangle; manufacturing sector; global financial crisis; re-bundling; innovation practices/strategies;
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L61 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Metals and Metal Products; Cement; Glass; Ceramics
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-07-02 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2011-07-02 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egu:wpaper:1111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deguunl.html .