Predictive Ability of Value-at-Risk Methods: Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange-100 Index
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Iqbal, Javed & Azher, Sara & Ijza, Ayesha, 2010. "Predictive ability of Value-at-Risk methods: evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange-100 Index," MPRA Paper 23752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos & Stavros Degiannakis, 2010. "The Use of GARCH Models in VaR Estimation," Working Papers 0048, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amira Akl Ahmed & Doaa Akl Ahmed, 2016. "Modelling Conditional Volatility and Downside Risk for Istanbul Stock Exchange," Working Papers 1028, Economic Research Forum, revised Jul 2016.
- Javed Iqbal & Sara Azher, 2014. "Value-at-Risk and Expected Stock Returns: Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 71-100, July-Dec.
- Mirjana Miletić & Siniša Miletić, 2016. "Performance of VaR in Developed and CEE Countries during the Global Financial Crisis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 54-75, March.
More about this item
KeywordsDownside risk; Emerging Markets; Value-at-Risk.;
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-09-03 (Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2010-09-03 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-RMG-2010-09-03 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2010_18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeriibe.html .