Predictive ability of Value-at-Risk methods: evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange-100 Index
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Javed Iqbal & Sara Azher & Ayesha Ijaz, 2010. "Predictive Ability of Value-at-Risk Methods: Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange-100 Index," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_18, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos & Stavros Degiannakis, 2010. "The Use of GARCH Models in VaR Estimation," Working Papers 0048, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amira Akl Ahmed & Doaa Akl Ahmed, 2016. "Modelling Conditional Volatility and Downside Risk for Istanbul Stock Exchange," Working Papers 1028, Economic Research Forum, revised Jul 2016.
- Javed Iqbal & Sara Azher, 2014. "Value-at-Risk and Expected Stock Returns: Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 71-100, July-Dec.
- Mirjana Miletić & Siniša Miletić, 2016. "Performance of VaR in Developed and CEE Countries during the Global Financial Crisis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 54-75, March.
More about this item
KeywordsDownside risk; Emerging Markets; Value-at-Risk;
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23752. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.