Exact Inference for the Linear Model with Groupwise Heteroscedasticity
Exact inference on a single coefficient in a linear regression model, as introduced by Bekker (1997), is elaborated for the case of normally distributed heteroscedastic disturbances. Instead of approximate inference based on feasible generalized least squares, exact confidence sets are formulated based on partial rotational invariance of the distribution of the vector of disturbances. The approach is applied to the random-effects and fixed-effects models for panel data.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 1 212 998 3820|
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- PARK, Byeong & SIMAR, LÃ©opold, 1992.
"Efficient semiparametric estimation in stochastic frontier model,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1992013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Park, B. U. & Simar, L., . "Efficient semiparametric estimation in a stochastic frontier model," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1113, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Park, B.U. & Simar, L., 1992. "Efficient Semiparametric Estimation in Stochastic Frontier Model," Papers 9201, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Boozer, Michael A., 1997. "Econometric Analysis of Panel Data Badi H. Baltagi Wiley, 1995," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(05), pages 747-754, October.
- Taylor, William E, 1977. "Small Sample Properties of a Class of Two Stage Aitken Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(2), pages 497-508, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:wc2000:1760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.