Exchange Rate Volatility and Trade among the Asia Pacific Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peree, Eric & Steinherr, Alfred, 1989. "Exchange rate uncertainty and foreign trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1241-1264, July.
- Hooper, Peter & Kohlhagen, Steven W., 1978. "The effect of exchange rate uncertainty on the prices and volume of international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 483-511, November.
- Arize, Augustine C & Osang, Thomas & Slottje, Daniel J, 2000. "Exchange-Rate Volatility and Foreign Trade: Evidence from Thirteen LDC's," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 10-17, January.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Neslihan Ozkan, 2000.
"Exchange Rate Effects on the Volume of Trade Flows: An Empirical Analysis Employing High-Frequency Data,"
CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001
5B.1, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Christopher F Baum, Mustafa Caglayan, Neslihan Ozkan, 2001. "Exchange Rate Effects on the Volume of Trade Flows: An Empirical Analysis Employing High-Frequency Data," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 85, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1994.
"Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc? Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies,"
NBER Chapters,in: Macroeconomic Linkage: Savings, Exchange Rates, and Capital Flows, NBER-EASE Volume 3, pages 295-333
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei, S.J. & Frankel, J.A., 1992. "Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc: Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies," Papers 92-08, University of Birmingham - International Financial Group.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1992. "Yen bloc or dollar bloc: exchange rate policies of the East Asian economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 93-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Barry Eichengreen & Douglas A. Irwin, 1998. "The Role of History in Bilateral Trade Flows," NBER Chapters,in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 33-62 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chowdhury, Abdur R, 1993. "Does Exchange Rate Volatility Depress Trade Flows? Evidence from Error-Correction Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 700-706, November.
- Eric van Wincoop & Philippe Bacchetta, 2000.
"Does Exchange-Rate Stability Increase Trade and Welfare?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1093-1109, December.
- Philippe BACCHETTA & Eric VAN WINCOOP, 1999. "Does Exchange Rate Stability Increase Trade and Welfare ?," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9917, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Asseery, A. & Peel, D. A., 1991. "The effects of exchange rate volatility on exports : Some new estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 173-177, October.
- Agathe Cote, "undated". "Exchange Rate Volatility and Trade: A Survey," Staff Working Papers 94-5, Bank of Canada.
- Paul De Grauwe, 1988. "Exchange Rate Variability and the Slowdown in Growth of International Trade," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 63-84, March.
- Kroner, Kenneth F. & Lastrapes, William D., 1993. "The impact of exchange rate volatility on international trade: Reduced form estimates using the GARCH-in-mean model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 298-318, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Sokchea, 2006. "An Analysis of Cambodia’s Trade Flows: A Gravity Model," MPRA Paper 21461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David UMORU & Adaobi S. OSEME, 2013. "Trade Flows and Exchange Rate Shocks in Nigeria: An Empirical Result," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(7), pages 948-977, July.
- Balázs Égert & Amalia Morales-Zumaquero, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Regimes, Foreign Exchange Volatility, and Export Performance in Central and Eastern Europe: Just another Blur Project?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 577-593, August.
- Bal??zs ??gert & Amalia Morales-Zumaquero, 2005. "Exchange Rate Regimes, Foreign Exchange Volatility and Export Performance in Central and Eastern Europe: Just Another Blur Project?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp782, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Égert, Balázs & Morales-Zumaquero, Amalia, 2005. "Exchange rate regimes, foreign exchange volatility and export performance in Central and Eastern Europe : just another blur project?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 8/2005, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Abel Mwanyungwe, 2017. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Malawi¡¯s Tobacco Exports to The United Kingdom and The United States," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 149-168, January.
- Balogun, Emmanuel Dele, 2009. "Determinants of West African Monetary Zone (WAMZ)countries global export trade: do foreign reserves and independent exchange rates matter?," MPRA Paper 12929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alam, Shaista & Ahmed, Qazi Masood, 2012. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Aggregate Exports Demand through ARDL Framework: An Experience from Pakistan Economy," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 8(1).
- Billen, Dieter & Garcia, Maria Melody & Khasanova, Nelli, 2005. "Is the effect of exchange rate volatility on trade more pronounced in Latin America than in Asia?," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 434, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate volatility; Export; Asia Pacific region; APEC; Gravity model;
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:feam04:724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .