Infrastructure “Privatization”: When Ideology Meets Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abbott, Malcolm & Cohen, Bruce, 2016. "The privatization and de-privatization of rail industry assets in Australia and New Zealand," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 48-56.
- Marson, Marta & Savin, Ivan, 2015. "Ensuring Sustainable Access to Drinking Water in Sub Saharan Africa: Conflict Between Financial and Social Objectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 26-39.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Antonio Estache & Marijn Verschelde, 2015.
"Efficiency Measures in Regulated Industries: History, Outstanding Challenges and Emerging Solutions,"
Working Papers ECARES
ECARES 2015-09, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram de Rock & Antonio Estache & Marijn Verschelde, 2018. "Efficiency Measures in Regulated Industries : History, Outstanding Challenges, and Emerging Solutions," Post-Print hal-01921865, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cieslik, Katarzyna, 2016. "Moral Economy Meets Social Enterprise Community-Based Green Energy Project in Rural Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 12-26.
- Camos Daurella,Daniel & Estache,Antonio, 2017.
"Regulating water and sanitation network services accounting for institutional and informational constraints,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8149, The World Bank.
- Daniel Camos-Daurella & Antonio Estache, 2017. "Regulating Water an Sanitation Network Services. Accounting for Institutional and Informational Constraints," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2017-28, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Carlitz, Ruth D., 2017. "Money Flows, Water Trickles: Understanding Patterns of Decentralized Water Provision in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 16-30.
- Mohammed Aminu Sualihu & M. Arifur Rahman & Zakiya Tofik-Abu, 2017. "The Payment Behavior of Water Utility Customers in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana: An Empirical Analysis," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(3), pages 21582440177, September.
- Jonathan Chapman, 2020. "Extension of the Franchise and Government Expenditure on Public Goods: Evidence from Nineteenth-Century England," Working Papers 20200045, New York University Abu Dhabi, Department of Social Science, revised Mar 2020.
- Bertoméu-Sánchez, Salvador & Estache, Antonio, 2017. "Unbundling political and economic rationality: A non-parametric approach tested on transport infrastructure in Spain," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 181-195.
- Esposito, Giovanni & Cicatiello, Lorenzo & Ercolano, Salvatore, 2020. "Reforming railways in the EU: An empirical assessment of liberalisation policies in the European rail freight market," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 606-613.
- Schwartz, Klaas & Tutusaus, Mireia & Savelli, Elisa, 2017. "Water for the urban poor: Balancing financial and social objectives through service differentiation in the Kenyan water sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 22-31.
More about this item
Keywordsprivatization; regulation; restructuring; efficiency; equity; distributional effects;
All these keywords.
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2020-07-27 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/309876. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.