Firm-Specific Human Capital, Organizational Incentives, and Agency Costs: Evidence from Retail Banking
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raiswa Saha & Shashi & Roberto Cerchione & Rajwinder Singh & Richa Dahiya, 2020. "Effect of ethical leadership and corporate social responsibility on firm performance: A systematic review," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(2), pages 409-429, March.
- Teixeira, Aurora A.C. & Tavares-Lehmann, Ana Teresa, 2014. "Human capital intensity in technology-based firms located in Portugal: Does foreign ownership matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 737-748.
- Eva Crespo-Cebada & Carlos Díaz-Caro & Aurora E. Rabazo-Martín & Edilberto J. Rodríguez-Rivero, 2021. "Do Narcissistic Managers Prefer Incentive Systems Based on Financial Instruments? An Analysis Based on Choice Experiments," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-13, January.
- Kräkel, Matthias, 2018. "Empowerment and the Dark Side of Delegation," IZA Discussion Papers 11289, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Roy Mersland & Daudi Pascal & Leif Atle Beisland, 2016. "The influence of CEO power on agency costs in non-profit organisations: evidence from the global microfinance industry," Working Papers CEB 16-045, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Olivier Chatain & Philipp Meyer-Doyle, 2017. "Alleviating managerial dilemmas in human-capital-intensive firms through incentives: Evidence from M&A legal advisors," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 232-254, February.
- Liyu He & Sue Wright & Elaine Evans, 2021. "The impact of managerial discretion on fair value information in the Australian agricultural sector," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 61(S1), pages 1897-1930, April.
- Ian W. Jones & Michael G. Pollitt, 2016. "How UK Banks are Changing Their Corporate Culture & Practice Following the Financial Crisis of 2007-08," Working Papers wp482, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Michael Housman & Dylan Minor, 2015. "Toxic Workers," Harvard Business School Working Papers 16-057, Harvard Business School, revised Nov 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsFSHC; firm-specific human capital; firm performance; incentives; multiunit retail bank;
All these keywords.
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2013-11-09 (Banking)
- NEP-BEC-2013-11-09 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-09 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CTA-2013-11-09 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EFF-2013-11-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HRM-2013-11-09 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hecpafr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Antoine Haldemann (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/hecpafr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.