Le financement public du secteur de la défense, une source d'inefficacité
Continental European countries used to finance defence firms with public money. In the last few years, many governments aimed at implementing a hands-off policy towards the defence sector, which implies a gradual transition from public to private funding. This paper argues that the absence of long term relationships between defence firms and private investors may block this change.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: ESSEC Research Center, BP 105, 95021 Cergy, France|
Web page: http://www.essec.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dwight M. Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1976. "Imperfect Information, Uncertainty, and Credit Rationing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 651-666.
- Kollias, Christos & Manolas, George & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2004. "Defence expenditure and economic growth in the European Union: A causality analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 553-569, July.
- Carlos Pestana Barros, 2004. "Measuring performance in defense-sector companies in a small NATO member country," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 112-128, May.
- Keith Hartley & Todd Sandler, 2003. "The Future of the Defence Firm," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 361-380, 08.
- Keith Hartley, 2003. "The future of European defence policy: An economic perspective," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 107-115.
- Marc Guyot & Radu Vranceanu, 2001. "European defence: The cost of partial integration," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 157-174.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1983. "Incentive Effects of Terminations: Applications to the Credit and Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 912-927, December.
- Goyal, Vidhan K. & Lehn, Kenneth & Racic, Stanko, 2002. "Growth opportunities and corporate debt policy: the case of the U.S. defense industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 35-59, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:essewp:dr-05008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sophie Magnanou)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.