ChinaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Factor in Recent Global Commodity Price and Shipping Freight Volatilities
This paper attempts an investigation on the impact of Chinas factor on the global commodity and ocean shipping freight volatilities in recent years. It measures Chinas contribution to the incremental demand growth for selected bulk commodities and ocean shipping in the world. Chinas impact on the price volatilities is statistically analyzed through a conventional econometric framework.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200|
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ross Garnaut, 2006. "Rapid industrialization and market for energy and minerals: China in the East Asian context," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 1(3), pages 373-394, September.
- Ross GARNAUT & SONG Ligang, 2006. "Rapid industrialization and market for energy and minerals: China in the East Asian context," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 1(3), pages 373-394, September.
- Calista Cheung & Sylvie Morin, 2007.
"The Impact of Emerging Asia on Commodity Prices,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 181-224, July-Dece.
- Calista Cheung & Sylvie Morin, 2007. "The Impact of Emerging Asia on Commodity Prices," Staff Working Papers 07-55, Bank of Canada.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1989. "Testing for Consistency using Artificial Regressions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 363-384, December.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1987. "Testing for Consistency using Artificial Regressions," Working Papers 687, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- René Lalonde & Philipp Maier & Dirk Muir, 2009. "Emerging Asia's Impact on Food and Oil Prices: A Model-Based Analysis," Discussion Papers 09-3, Bank of Canada.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1994. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Commodity Prices," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(2), pages 236-261, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Borensztein, Eduardo, 1994. "The determinants of commodity prices," MPRA Paper 13870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Borensztein, Eduardo, 1994. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Commodity Prices," MPRA Paper 6979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edith Gagnon & Patrick Sabourin & Sébastien Lavoie, 2004. "The Comparative Growth of Goods and Services Prices," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2003(Winter), pages 3-10.
- Pei, Fanyu & Tilton, John E., 1999. "Consumer preferences, technological change, and the short-run income elasticity of metal demand," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 87-109, June.
- Nigel Pain & Isabell Koske & Marte Sollie, 2006. "Globalisation and Inflation in the OECD Economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 524, OECD Publishing.
- Gilbert, Christopher L, 1989. "The Impact of Exchange Rates and Developing Country Debt on Commodity Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 773-784, September.
- Noureddine Krichene, 2008. "Recent Inflationary Trends in World Commodities Markets," IMF Working Papers 08/130, . Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:tradew:22889. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.