Trends in Household Vulnerability
This paper presents a few of the latest statistics on income poverty, growth and inequality, and makes a case about the need not only to monitor current poverty, but also to reduce future poverty. An assessment of the trends in household vulnerability to income poverty is made for the years 2000, 2003, and 2006. Measurement of household vulnerability is based on the use of a modified probit model, income data from the Family Income and Expenditure Survey, as well as the official poverty lines. Policy implications about the vulnerability assessment are also discussed.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200|
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maligalig, Dalisay S. & Albert, Jose Ramon G., 2008. "Measures for Assessing Basic Education in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2008-16, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Dalisay S. Maligalig & Jose Ramon G. Albert, 2008. "Measures for Assessing Basic Education in the Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 22656, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Reyes, Celia M., 2004. "An Initial Verdict on Our Fight Against Poverty," Discussion Papers DP 2004-48, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- S. Maligalig, Dalisay & B. Caoli-Rodriguez, Rhona & Martinez, Jr., Arturo & Cuevas, Sining, 2010. "Education Outcomes in the Philippines," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 199, Asian Development Bank.
- Reyes, Celia M., 2002. "The Poverty Fight: Have We Made an Impact?," Discussion Papers DP 2002-20, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:develo:22805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.