Profile of Out-of-School Children in the Philippines
The Philippines committed to Millennium Development Goals and Education for All (EFA) targets that include universal primary education. However, various data sources, including the Department of Education`s Basic Education Information System and household surveys conducted by the National Statistics Office, suggest that in 2008, a considerable magnitude of children were not in school. A description of these children is provided here as well as that of children who are at risk of dropping out of primary and secondary levels of education. Reasons for children not being in school are discussed, together with the results of an econometric model that identifies correlates of nonattendance in school.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: https://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Maligalig, Dalisay & B. Caoli-Rodriguez, Rhona & Martinez, Jr., Arturo & Cuevas, Sining, 2010. "Education Outcomes in the Philippines," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 199, Asian Development Bank.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2009.
"Number of children and their education in Philippine households,"
Philippine Review of Economics,
University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 46(2), pages 123-154, December.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2005. "Number of Children and their Education in Philippine Households," Discussion Papers DP 2005-21, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2005. "Number of Children and their Education in Philippine Households," Development Economics Working Papers 22669, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- repec:phd:dpaper:pn_2010-09_(policy_brief) is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:phd:dpaper:pn_2010-07_(policy_brief) is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2012-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.