Profile of Out-of-School Children in the Philippines
The Philippines committed to Millennium Development Goals and Education for All (EFA) targets that include universal primary education. However, various data sources, including the Department of Education`s Basic Education Information System and household surveys conducted by the National Statistics Office, suggest that in 2008, a considerable magnitude of children were not in school. A description of these children is provided here as well as that of children who are at risk of dropping out of primary and secondary levels of education. Reasons for children not being in school are discussed, together with the results of an econometric model that identifies correlates of nonattendance in school.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2005.
"Number of Children and their Education in Philippine Households,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22669, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2009. "Number of children and their education in Philippine households," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 46(2), pages 123-154, December.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2005. "Number of Children and their Education in Philippine Households," Discussion Papers DP 2005-21, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- repec:phd:dpaper:pn_2010-07_(policy_brief) is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:phd:dpaper:pn_2010-09_(policy_brief) is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Maligalig, Dalisay & B. Caoli-Rodriguez, Rhona & Martinez, Jr., Arturo & Cuevas, Sining, 2010. "Education Outcomes in the Philippines," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 199, Asian Development Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2012-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.