Waiting For Signalling Quality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Hikmet Gunay, 2008. "The role of externalities and information aggregation in market collapse," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 35(2), pages 367-379, May.
- Paul Heidhues & Nicolas Melissas, 2006.
"Equilibria in a dynamic global game: the role of cohort effects,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 28(3), pages 531-557, August.
- Paul Heidhues & Nicolas Melissas, 2003. "Equilibria in a Dynamic Global Game: The Role of Cohort Effects," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-08, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Heidhues, Paul & Nicolas Melissas, 2003. "Equilibria in a Dynamic Global Game: The role of cohort effects," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 104, Royal Economic Society.
- Heidhues, Paul & Melissas, Nicolas, 2005. "Equilibria in a Dynamic Global Game: The Role of Cohort Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 4995, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hikmet Gunay, 2008. "Information Aggregation Under Strategic Delay," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(23), pages 1-8.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Riordan, Michael H, 1991. "High and Declining Prices Signal Product Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 224-239, March.
- Subir Bose & Gerhard Orosel & Marco Ottaviani & Lise Vesterlund, 2008. "Monopoly pricing in the binary herding model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 37(2), pages 203-241, November.
- Winston Koh, 2006.
"The micro-foundations of intertemporal price discrimination,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 27(2), pages 393-410, January.
- Winston T.H. Koh, 2005. "The Micro-foundations of Intertemporal Price Discrimination," Microeconomics Working Papers 22456, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Winston T.H. Koh, 2005. "The Micro-foundations of Intertemporal Price Discrimination," Working Papers 04-2005, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Manaswini Bhalla, 2013. "Waterfall Versus Sprinkler Product Launch Strategy: Influencing the Herd," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 138-165, March.
- Carl Shapiro, 1983. "Optimal Pricing of Experience Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 497-507, Autumn.
- Bing Jing, 2011. "Pricing Experience Goods: The Effects of Customer Recognition and Commitment," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 451-473, June.
- Francesco Squintani, 2000. "Signaling Quality by Delaying Sales," RCER Working Papers 476, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1979. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 355-371.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aoyagi, Masaki & Bhalla, Manaswini & Gunay, Hikmet, 2016.
"Social learning and delay in a dynamic model of price competition,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 565-600.
- Masaki Aoyagi & Manaswini Bhalla & Hikmet Gunay, 2014. "Social Learning and Delay in a Dynamic Model of Price Competition," ISER Discussion Paper 0909, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
More about this item
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-08-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2013-08-16 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-IND-2013-08-16 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2013-08-16 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2013-08-16 (Marketing)
- NEP-SPO-2013-08-16 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:0877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isosujp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.