New research guidelines for living standards, consumer baskets, and prices in Madrid and Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R. C. Allen & J. L. Weisdorf, 2011.
"Was there an ‘industrious revolution’ before the industrial revolution? An empirical exercise for England, c. 1300–1830,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 64(3), pages 715-729, August.
- Robert C. Allen & Jacob Louis Weisdorf, 2010. "Was there an ‘Industrious Revolution’ before the Industrial Revolution? An Empirical Exercise for England, c. 1300-1830," Discussion Papers 10-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Drelichman, Mauricio & González Agudo, David, 2014. "Housing and the cost of living in early modern Toledo," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 27-47.
- Allen, Robert C. & Murphy, Tommy E. & Schneider, Eric B., 2012.
"The Colonial Origins of the Divergence in the Americas: A Labor Market Approach,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(04), pages 863-894, December.
- Robert C. Allen & Tommy E. Murphy & Eric B. Schneider, 2011. "The Colonial Origins of the Divergence in the Americas: A Labour Market Approach," Working Papers 402, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Roderick Floud & Robert W. Fogel & Bernard Harris & Sok Chul Hong, 2011. "The Changing Body: Health, Nutrition, and Human Development in the Western World since 1700," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number foge10-1, April.
- Arroyo Abad, Leticia & Davies, Elwyn & van Zanden, Jan Luiten, 2012.
"Between conquest and independence: Real wages and demographic change in Spanish America, 1530–1820,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 149-166.
- Leticia Arroyo Abad & Elwyn A.R. Davies & Jan Luiten van Zanden, 2011. "Between Conquest and Independence: Real Wages and Demographic Change in Spanish America, 1530-1820," Working Papers 0020, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Robert Allen, 2013. "Poverty Lines in History, Theory, and Current International Practice," Economics Series Working Papers 685, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Uebele, Martin & Pfister, Ulrich & Riedel, Jana, 2012.
"Real wages and the origins of modern economic growth in Germany, 16th to 19th centuries,"
Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century
62076, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ulrich Pfister & Jana Riedel & Martin Uebele, 2012. "Real Wages and the Origins of Modern Economic Growth in Germany, 16th to 19th Centuries," Working Papers 0017, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Allen, Robert C. & Murphy, Tommy E. & Schneider, Eric B., 2015. "Una De Cal Y Otra De Arena: Building Comparable Real Wages In A Global Perspective," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 61-75, March.
- Lvarez-Nogal, Carlos & Prados De La Escosura, Leandro, 2007. "The decline of Spain (1500 1850): conjectural estimates," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 319-366, December.
- Schneider, Eric B., 2013.
"Real wages and the family: Adjusting real wages to changing demography in pre-modern England,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 99-115.
- Eric Schneider, 2012. "Real Wages and the Family: Adjusting Real Wages to Changing Demography in Pre-Modern England," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _099, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Paolo Malanima, 2013. "When did England overtake Italy? Medieval and early modern divergence in prices and wages," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 45-70, February.
- Van Zanden, Jan Luiten, 2009. "The skill premium and the ‘Great Divergence’," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 121-153, April.
- Robert W. Fogel & Nathaniel Grotte, 2011. "An Overview of The Changing Body: Health, Nutrition, and Human Development in the Western World Since 1700," NBER Working Papers 16938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Robert C. & Bengtsson, Tommy & Dribe, Martin (ed.), 2005. "Living Standards in the Past: New Perspectives on Well-Being in Asia and Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199280681.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic history; standard of living; prices; welfare ratios; consumer baskets; real wages; Europe; Spain; Latin America; Mexico;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-29 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:don:donwpa:097. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Johnson). General contact details of provider: http://www.dondena.unibocconi.it/ .