There and Back Again: Airline Routes, Fares and Passenger Flows in Network Equilibria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reiss, Peter C & Spiller, Pablo T, 1989. "Competition and Entry in Small Airline Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 179-202, October.
- Berry, Steven T, 1990. "Airport Presence as Product Differentiation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 394-399, May.
- Goffe, William L & Ferrier, Gary D & Rogers, John, 1992. "Simulated Annealing: An Initial Application in Econometrics," Computer Science in Economics & Management, Kluwer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 5(2), pages 133-146, May.
- Van Breedam, Alex, 1995. "Improvement heuristics for the Vehicle Routing Problem based on simulated annealing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 480-490, November.
- Borenstein, Severin, 1990. "Airline Mergers, Airport Dominance, and Market Power," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 400-404, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sayed Ajaz Hussain & Serkan Bahceci, 2008. "Network Structure and Design in the Deregulated U.S. Airline Industry: an Argument for Re-Regulation?," Working Papers tecipa-325, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Martin, Shane L., 2011. "Analysis of prospective airline mergers using a simulated annealing model," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 80-87.
More about this item
KeywordsHub-and-spoke airline networks; simulated annealing; commercial aviation; airline competition; airline mergers; airfares; airport congestion; and airport capacity.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2005-11-05 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-COM-2005-11-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-NET-2005-11-05 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dlw:wpaper:05-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saul Hoffman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deudeus.html .