Green, Brown, and Now White Certificates: Are Three One Too Many? A Micromodel of Market Interaction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Georg Meran & Nadine Wittmann, 2012. "Green, Brown, and Now White Certificates: Are Three One Too Many? A Micro-Model of Market Interaction," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(4), pages 507-532, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- Amundsen, E.S. & Mortensen, J.B., 2001. "The Danish Green Certificate System: Some Simple Analytical Results," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 226, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Langniss, Ole & Praetorius, Barbara, 2006.
"How much market do market-based instruments create? An analysis for the case of "white" certificates,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 200-211, January.
- Ole Langniss & Barbara Praetorius, 2004. "How Much Market Do Market-Based Instruments Create?: An Analysis for the Case of "White" Certificates," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 425, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Philippe Quirion, 2006. "Distributional Impacts of Energy-Efficiency Certificates Vs. Taxes and Standards," Working Papers 2006.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Steven Sorrell, 2003. "Carbon Trading in the Policy Mix," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 420-437.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Mortensen, Jorgen Birk, 2001. "The Danish Green Certificate System: some simple analytical results," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 489-509, September.
- Patterson, Murray G, 1996. "What is energy efficiency? : Concepts, indicators and methodological issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 377-390, May.
- Roca, Jordi & Alcantara, Vicent, 2001. "Energy intensity, CO2 emissions and the environmental Kuznets curve. The Spanish case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 553-556, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wirl, Franz, 2015. "White certificates — Energy efficiency programs under private information of consumers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 507-515.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet and Dominique Finon, 2015.
"European experiences with white certifirecate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & D. Finon, 2014. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," CIRED Working Papers hal-01016110, HAL.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet & Dominique Finon, 2015. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," Post-Print hal-01140415, HAL.
- Abrell, Jan & Weigt, Hannes, 2008. "The Interaction of Emissions Trading and Renewable Energy Promotion," MPRA Paper 65658, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sebastian Strunz, Erik Gawel, and Paul Lehmann, 2015.
"Towards a general Europeanization of EU Member States energy policies?,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Strunz, Sebastian & Gawel, Erik & Lehmann, Paul, 2014. "Towards a general "Europeanization" of EU Member States' energy policies?," UFZ Discussion Papers 17/2014, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- repec:eee:energy:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:191-201 is not listed on IDEAS
- V., Oikonomou & A., Flamos & S., Grafakos, 2010. "Is blending of energy and climate policy instruments always desirable?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4186-4195, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy markets; certificate trading scheme; white certificates; efficiency; regulation; market-based tool; pincers policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2008-08-21 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-08-21 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2008-08-21 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.