Effects of Tariffication: Tariffs, Quotas and VERs under Monopolistic Competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Spence, 1976. "Product Selection, Fixed Costs, and Monopolistic Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 217-235.
- Kowalczyk, Carsten & Skeath, Susan E., 1994. "Pareto ranking optimal tariffs under foreign monopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 355-359.
- Anderson, James E., 1997.
"Revenue Neutral Trade Reform with Many Households, Quotas and Tariffs,"
626, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Anderson, J-E, 1997. "Revenue Neutral Trade Reform With Many Households, Quotas and Tariffs," Papers 626, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- James E. Anderson, 1997. "Revenue Neutral Trade Reform with Many Households, Quotas and Tariffs," NBER Working Papers 6181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-959, December.
- Lockwood, Ben & Wong, Kar-yiu, 2000.
"Specific and ad valorem tariffs are not equivalent in trade wars,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 183-195, October.
- Lockwood, B. & Wong, K.Y., 1996. "Specific and Ad Valorem Tariffs Are Not Equivalent in Trade Wars," Discussion Papers 9602, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Kar-yiu Wong & Ben Lockwood, 1997. "Specific and Ad Valorem Tariffs are not Equivalent in Trade Wars," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0081, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Kar-yiu Wong & Ben Lockwood, 1997. "Specific and Ad Valorem Tariffs are not Equivalent in Trade Wars," Working Papers 0081, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Analysis, A Welfare & Das, Satya P. & Donnenfeld, Shabtai, 1987. "Trade policy and its impact on quality of imports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 77-95, August.
- Lawrence, Robert Z, 1989. "Protection: Is There a Better Way?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 118-122, May.
- Nguyen, T. & Perroni, C. & Wigle, R., 1993. "An Evaluation of the Final Act of the Uruguay Round," Working Papers 93003, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Kaempfer, William H & Marks, Stephen V, 1994. "The Possibility of Inefficient Liberalization through Tariffication," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 123-130, June.
- Daniel Gros, 1987. "Protectionism in a Framework with Intra-Industry Trade: Tariffs, Quotas, Retaliation, and Welfare Losses (Le protectionnisme dans un cadre faisant intervenir les Ã©changes de produits analogues: droit," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(1), pages 86-114, March.
- Nguyen, Trien & Perroni, Carlo & Wigle, Randall, 1993. "An Evaluation of the Draft Final Act of the Uruguay Round," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(421), pages 1540-1549, November.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1981. "Intraindustry Specialization and the Gains from Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 959-973, October.
- Merlinda D. Ingco, 1996. "Tariffication in the Uruguay Round: How Much Liberalisation?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 425-446, July.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade policy; tariffication; specific tariff; ad valorem tariff; quota; VER;
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.