The Computer Software Industry in East and West: Do Eastern European Countries Need a Specific Science and Technology Policy?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Swann, Peter & Shurmer, Mark, 1994. "The emergence of standards in PC software: who would benefit from institutional intervention?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 295-318, December.
- Prusa, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1994. "Can Companies Maintain Their Initial Innovation Thrust? A Study of the PC Software Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 523-540, August.
- Church, Jeffrey & Gandal, Neil, 1992. "Network Effects, Software Provision, and Standardization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 85-103, March.
- Shurmer, M & Swann, P, 1995. "An Analysis of the Process Generating De Facto Standards in the PC Spreadsheet Software Market," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 119-132, June.
- Gandal, Neil, 1995. "Competing Compatibility Standards and Network Externalities in the PC Software Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 599-608, November.
- Cottrell, Tom, 1994. "Fragmented standards and the development of Japan's microcomputer software industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 143-174, March.
- Kende, Michael, 1994. "A note on backward compatibility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 385-389.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kesidou, Effie & Romijn, Henny, 2008.
"Do Local Knowledge Spillovers Matter for Development? An Empirical Study of Uruguay's Software Cluster,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2004-2028, October.
- Effie Kesidou & Henny Romijn, 2006. "Do Local Knowledge Spillovers Matter for Development? An Empirical Study of Uruguay’s Software Cluster," Working Papers 06-11, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Oct 2006.
More about this item
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .