03-02 "Macroeconomics for the Twenty-First Century"
Macroeconomic theory has not yet come to grips with major issues of the twenty- first century. These include environmental pressures, demographic changes, the size, structure, and power of multinational corporations, and growing economic inequality. Existing macroeconomic theory also does not deal adequately with normative issues, focuses excessively on market solutions, assumes that a single macroeconomic theory can apply to all situations, and ignores issues concerning the scale of economic activity and the speed of change.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 44 Teele Avenue Medford, MA 02155|
Web page: http://ase.tufts.edu/gdae
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan M. Harris, "undated". "01-04 "Agriculture in a Global Perspective"," GDAE Working Papers 01-04, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Neva R. Goodwin & Jonathan M. Harris, "undated". "01-05 "Better Principles: New Approaches to Teaching Introductory Economics"," GDAE Working Papers 01-05, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Jonathan M. Harris & Neva R. Goodwin, "undated". "03-03 "Reconciling Growth and Environment"," GDAE Working Papers 03-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Jonathan M. Harris, 2001. "Basic Principles of Sustainable Development," Development and Comp Systems 0106006, EconWPA.
- Neva R. Goodwin & Oleg I. Ananyin & Frank Ackerman & Thomas E. Weisskopf, 2001. "Economics in Context: The Need for a New Textbook," General Economics and Teaching 0106002, EconWPA.
- Kevin P. Gallagher & Francisco Aguayo & Ana Citlalic González, "undated". "01-07 "Dirt is in the Eye of the Beholder: The World Bank Air Pollution Intensities for Mexico"," GDAE Working Papers 01-07, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Kevin P. Gallagher & Frank Ackerman & Luke Ney, "undated". "02-01 "Economic Analysis in Environmental Reviews of Trade Agreements: Assessing the North American Experience"," GDAE Working Papers 02-01, GDAE, Tufts University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dae:daepap:03-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erin Coutts)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.