Unemployment Insurance in South Africa: A Descriptive Overview of Claimants and Claims
This study, primarily descriptive in nature, is one of the first to examine the claiming behaviour of unemployment benefit recipients within the South African Unemployment Insurance Fund system. In the period between 2005 and 2011, those with the lowest potential claim periods were also subject, on average, to lower absolute benefits compared to their wealthier counterparts.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Paper Series by the Development Policy Research Unit, December 2013, pages 1-36|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, 7701|
Phone: +27 21 650 5705
Fax: +27 21 650 5711
Web page: http://www.dpru.uct.ac.za
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gonzalo Reyes Hartley & Jan C Van Ours & Milan Vodopivec, 2010.
"Incentive Effects of Unemployment Insurance Savings Accounts: Evidence from Chile,"
40, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Feb 2010.
- Hartley, Gonzalo Reyes & van Ours, Jan C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2011. "Incentive effects of unemployment insurance savings accounts: Evidence from Chile," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 798-809.
- Reyes Hartley, Gonzalo & van Ours, Jan C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2010. "Incentive Effects of Unemployment Insurance Savings Accounts: Evidence from Chile," IZA Discussion Papers 4681, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Reyes, Gonzalo & van Ours, Jan C & Vodopivec, Milan, 2010. "Incentive Effects of Unemployment Insurance Savings Accounts: Evidence from Chile," CEPR Discussion Papers 7632, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hartley, G.R. & van Ours, J.C. & Vodopivec, M., 2010. "Incentive Effects of Unemployment Insurance Savings Accounts : Evidence from Chile," Discussion Paper 2010-04, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Sebastian Galiani & Jim Levinsohn & Zoë McLaren & Ingrid Woolard, 2008.
"Why has unemployment risen in the New South Africa?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(4), pages 715-740, October.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Sebastian Galiani & Jim Levinsohn & Zoë McLaren & Ingrid Woolard, 2007. "Why Has Unemployment Risen in the New South Africa," NBER Working Papers 13167, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1997.
"Happiness and Economic Performance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1815-31, November.
- Oswald, A.J., 1997. "Happiness and Economic Performance," Papers 18, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew, 1997. "Happiness and Economic Performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 478, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Murray Leibbrandt & Haroon Bhorat, 1999. "Modelling Vulnerability and Low Earnings in the South African Labour Market," Working Papers 99032, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctw:wpaper:13160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Waseema Petersen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.