A proposal to obtain a long quarterly chilean gdp series
An important limitation in order to specify and estimate a macroeconomic model that describes the Chilean economy resides in using variables with sufficient number of observations that allow for a reliable econometric estimation. Among these variables, the GDP constitutes a fundamental magnitude. Nevertheless, for this variable there is not quarterly information before 1980. This paper computes quarterly GDP series for the period 1966-1979 using the approach by Casals et al (2000). As result, the new series incorporates the cyclical dynamic in the quarterly series later to 1979 respecting, in addition, all the annual existing information before the above mentioned period.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Casals, Jose & Jerez, Miguel & Sotoca, Sonia, 2000. "Exact smoothing for stationary and non-stationary time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 59-69.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Chow, Gregory C & Lin, An-loh, 1971.
"Best Linear Unbiased Interpolation, Distribution, and Extrapolation of Time Series by Related Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 53(4), pages 372-375, November.
- Fernandez, Roque B, 1981. "A Methodological Note on the Estimation of Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 471-476, August.
- Litterman, Robert B, 1983. "A Random Walk, Markov Model for the Distribution of Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 169-173, April.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "DISAGGREGATE: RATS procedure to implement general disaggregation (interpolation/distribution) procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00050, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "CHOWLIN: RATS procedure to distribute a series to a higher frequency using related series," Statistical Software Components RTS00036, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ernest Pons Fanals & Jordi Pons Novell & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1997. "Trimestralizacion y conciliacion de magnitudes economicas: una ampliacion del metodo Chow-Lin," Working Papers in Economics 20, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Ng, S. & Perron, P., 1994.
"Unit Root Tests ARMA Models with Data Dependent Methods for the Selection of the Truncation Lag,"
Cahiers de recherche
9423, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ng, S. & Perron, P., 1994. "Unit Root Tests ARMA Models with Data Dependent Methods for the Selection of the Truncation Lag," Cahiers de recherche 9423, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws061706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.