Evaluating significant effects from alternative seeding systems : a Bayesian approach, with an application to the UEFA Champions League
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Geenens, Gery, 2014. "On the decisiveness of a game in a tournament," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(1), pages 156-168.
- P. A. Scarf & M. M. Yusof, 2011. "A numerical study of tournament structure and seeding policy for the soccer World Cup Finals," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 65(1), pages 43-57, February.
- Koning, Ruud H. & Koolhaas, Michael & Renes, Gusta & Ridder, Geert, 2003. "A simulation model for football championships," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 268-276, July.
- Corona Francisco & Wiper Michael Peter & Horrillo Juan de Dios Tena, 2017.
"On the importance of the probabilistic model in identifying the most decisive games in a tournament,"
Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 11-23, March.
- Wiper, Michael Peter & Corona, Francisco & Tena Horrillo, Juan de Dios, 2015. "On the importance of the probabilistic model in identifying the most decisive game in a tournament," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 21174, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Dmitry Dagaev & Alex Suzdaltsev, 2015. "Seeding, Competitive Intensity and Quality in Knock-Out Tournaments," HSE Working papers WP BRP 91/EC/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Martin, Andrew D. & Quinn, Kevin M. & Park, Jong Hee, 2011. "MCMCpack: Markov Chain Monte Carlo in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 42(i09).
- Wright, Mike, 2014. "OR analysis of sporting rules – A survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(1), pages 1-8.
- Goddard, John, 2005. "Regression models for forecasting goals and match results in association football," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 331-340.
More about this item
KeywordsOR in sports;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:24521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.