Altitude or hot air?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Karlis, Dimitris & Ntzoufras, Ioannis, 2005. "Bivariate Poisson and Diagonal Inflated Bivariate Poisson Regression Models in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 14(i10).
- Babatunde Buraimo & David Forrest & Robert Simmons, 2007. "The Twelfth Man? Refereeing Bias in English and German Soccer," Working Papers 0707, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Forrest, David & Goddard, John & Simmons, Robert, 2005. "Odds-setters as forecasters: The case of English football," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 551-564.
- Goddard, John, 2005. "Regression models for forecasting goals and match results in association football," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 331-340.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- DespuÃ©s de 60 aÃ±os sin crecimiento econÃ³mico: a ponerle el cascabel, pero Â¿a quÃ© gato?
by email@example.com (Jose P Mauricio Vargas) in Foro para una Nueva Economía on 2012-05-08 06:59:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fawaz, Yarine & Casas, Agustin, 2013. "Altitude as handicap in rank-order football tournaments," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1316, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Tovar Jorge, 2014. "Gasping for air: soccer players’ passing behavior at high-altitude," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 10(4), pages 1-10, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBivariate Poisson; Ordered Probit; Football Match Results;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.