Estimating the Marginal Law of a Time Series with Applications to Heavy Tailed Distributions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel ZakoÃ¯an, 2013. "Estimating the Marginal Law of a Time Series With Applications to Heavy-Tailed Distributions," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 412-425, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boubacar Mainassara, Y. & Carbon, M. & Francq, C., 2012.
"Computing and estimating information matrices of weak ARMA models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 345-361.
- Boubacar Mainassara, Yacouba & Carbon, Michel & Francq, Christian, 2010. "Computing and estimating information matrices of weak arma models," MPRA Paper 27685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cotter, John, 2007.
"Varying the VaR for unconditional and conditional environments,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1338-1354, December.
- Cotter, John, 2004. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," MPRA Paper 3483, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Papers 1103.5649, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Working Papers 200419, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2010.
"A general asymptotic theory for time-series models,"
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 64(1), pages 97-111.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2009. "A General Asymptotic Theory for Time Series Models," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-670, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Jansen, Dennis W & de Vries, Casper G, 1991.
"On the Frequency of Large Stock Returns: Putting Booms and Busts into Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 18-24, February.
- Dennis W. Jansen & Casper de Vries, 1988. "On the frequency of large stock returns: putting booms and busts into perspective," Working Papers 1989-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gamini Premaratne, 2005. "A Test for Symmetry with Leptokurtic Financial Data," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(2), pages 169-187.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Einmahl, John H. J. & Li, Jun & Liu, Regina Y., 2009. "Thresholding Events of Extreme in Simultaneous Monitoring of Multiple Risks," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 982-992.
- Stephen J. Taylor, 2007. "Introduction to Asset Price Dynamics, Volatility, and Prediction," Introductory Chapters,in: Asset Price Dynamics, Volatility, and Prediction Princeton University Press.
- Francq, Christian & Roy, Roch & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2005. "Diagnostic Checking in ARMA Models With Uncorrelated Errors," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 532-544, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Auray, Stéphane & Eyquem, Aurélien & Jouneau-Sion, Frédéric, 2014.
"Modeling tails of aggregate economic processes in a stochastic growth model,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 76-94.
- Stéphane Auray & Aurélien Eyquem & Fréderic Jouneau-Sion, 2012. "Modelling Tails of Aggregated Economic Processes in a Stochastic Growth Model," Working Papers 2012-29, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Stéphane Auray & Aurélien Eyquem & Frédéric Jouneau-Sion, 2014. "Modelling Tails of Aggregated Economic Processes in a Stochastic Growth Model," Post-Print halshs-00995703, HAL.
- Fries, Sébastien & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2017. "Mixed Causal-Noncausal AR Processes and the Modelling of Explosive Bubbles," MPRA Paper 81345, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Delaigle, Aurore & Meister, Alexander & Rombouts, Jeroen, 2016. "Root-T consistent density estimation in GARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 55-63.
- Preminger, Arie & Storti, Giuseppe, 2014.
"Least squares estimation for GARCH (1,1) model with heavy tailed errors,"
59082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- PREMINGER Arie & STORTI Giuseppe, 2017. "Least squares estimation for GARCH (1,1) model with heavy tailed errors," CORE Discussion Papers 2017015, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Echaust Krzysztof, 2014. "A Comparison of Tail Behaviour of Stock Market Returns," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, Sciendo, vol. 14(1), pages 1-13, June.
- repec:spr:metrik:v:81:y:2018:i:6:d:10.1007_s00184-018-0674-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Yaxing & Ling, Shiqing, 2017. "Self-weighted LAD-based inference for heavy-tailed threshold autoregressive models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 368-381.
More about this item
Keywordsalpha-stable distribution; composite likelihood; GEV distribution; GPD; pseudo-likelihood; quasi-marginal maximum likelihood; stock returns distributions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2012-05-22 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2012-05-22 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2012-05-22 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2011-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sri Srikandan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crestfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.