International Investment for Retirement Savers: Historical Evidence on Risk and Returns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Karen K. Lewis, 1999. "Trying to Explain Home Bias in Equities and Consumption," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 571-608, June.
- Canner, Niko & Mankiw, N Gregory & Weil, David N, 1997. "An Asset Allocation Puzzle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 181-191, March.
- Thomas, Charles P. & Warnock, Francis E. & Wongswan, Jon, 2004.
"The Performance of International Equity Portfolios,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
817, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised Oct 2004.
- Charles P. Thomas, 2006. "The Performance of International Equity Portfolios," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp162, IIIS.
- Charles P. Thomas & Francis E. Warnock & Jon Wongswan, 2006. "The Performance of International Equity Portfolios," NBER Working Papers 12346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glen, Jack & Jorion, Philippe, 1993. " Currency Hedging for International Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1865-1886, December.
- Campbell, Rachel A. & Kraussl, Roman, 2007.
"Revisiting the home bias puzzle: Downside equity risk,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1239-1260, November.
- Campbell, Rachel A. & Kräussl, Roman, 2006. "Revisiting the home bias puzzle: Downside equity risk," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/31, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Peter A. Abken & Milind M. Shrikhande, 1997. "The role of currency derivatives in internationally diversified portfolios," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 3, pages 34-59.
- Gary Burtless, 2000. "Social Security Privatization and Financial Market Risk: Lessons from U.S. Financial History," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 211, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wade D. Pfau, 2008.
"Emerging Market Pension Funds and International Diversification,"
GRIPS Discussion Papers
08-10, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2009. "Emerging Market Pension Funds and International Diversification," MPRA Paper 19039, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso & Nogueira, David Coito, 2014.
"Análise VAR dos índices bolsistas SP500, FTSE100, PSI20, HSI e IBOVESPA
[Integration of the indexes SP500, FTSE100, PSI20, HSI and IBOVESPA: A VAR approach]," MPRA Paper 62092, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2015.
- W Pfau, 2009.
"The Role of International Diversification in Public Pension Systems: The Case of Pakistan,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 14(2), pages 81-106, September.
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2009. "The Role of International Diversification in Public Pension Systems: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 19037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Musalem, Alberto R. & Pasquini, Ricardo, 2012. "Private pension systems : cross-country investment performance," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 68937, The World Bank.
- Carlos Leon & Juan Mario Laserna, 2008.
"Asignación Estratégica de Activos para Fondos de Pensiones Obligatorias en Colombia: Un Enfoque Alternativo,"
Borradores de Economia
523, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Carlos León & Juan Mario Laserna, 2008. "Asignación Estratégica de Activos para Fondos de Pensiones Obligatorias en Colombia: Un Enfoque Alternativo," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004970, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
More about this item
Keywordscross-border investing; foreign stocks; bonds; domestic allocation; equities; investments; foriegn;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crr:crrwps:wp2007-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Grzybowski) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crrbcus.html .