CVaR models with selective hedging for international asset allocation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Milind M. Shrikhande & Peter A. Abken, 1997. "The role of currency derivatives in internationally diversified portfolios," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, vol. 82(Q 3), pages 34-59.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1985. "International Portfolio Diversification with Estimation Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 259-278, July.
- Hiroshi Konno & Hiroaki Yamazaki, 1991. "Mean-Absolute Deviation Portfolio Optimization Model and Its Applications to Tokyo Stock Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(5), pages 519-531, May.
- Glen, Jack & Jorion, Philippe, 1993. " Currency Hedging for International Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1865-1886, December.
- Black, Fischer, 1990. " Equilibrium Exchange Rate Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 899-907, July.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Norbert Jobst & Stavros A. Zenios, 2001. "The Tail that Wags the Dog: Integrating Credit Risk in Asset Portfolios," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Eun, Cheol S & Resnick, Bruce G, 1988. " Exchange Rate Uncertainty, Forward Contracts, and International Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 197-215, March.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Topaloglou, Nikolas & Vladimirou, Hercules & Zenios, Stavros A., 2011. "Optimizing international portfolios with options and forwards," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3188-3201.
- Libo Yin & Liyan Han, 2013. "Options strategies for international portfolios with overall risk management via multi-stage stochastic programming," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 206(1), pages 557-576, July.
- Topaloglou, Nikolas & Vladimirou, Hercules & Zenios, Stavros A., 2008. "A dynamic stochastic programming model for international portfolio management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1501-1524, March.
- Renata Mansini & Włodzimierz Ogryczak & M. Speranza, 2007. "Conditional value at risk and related linear programming models for portfolio optimization," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 227-256, July.
- Nonthachote Chatsanga & Andrew J. Parkes, 2016. "International Portfolio Optimisation with Integrated Currency Overlay Costs and Constraints," Papers 1611.01463, arXiv.org.
- Jörgen Blomvall & Jonas Ekblom, 2018. "Corporate hedging: an answer to the “how” question," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 266(1), pages 35-69, July.
- Scheuenstuhl, Gerhard & Zagst, Rudi, 2008. "Integrated portfolio management with options," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1477-1500, March.
- Kajtazi, Anton & Moro, Andrea, 2019. "The role of bitcoin in well diversified portfolios: A comparative global study," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 143-157.
- Huang, Dashan & Zhu, Shushang & Fabozzi, Frank J. & Fukushima, Masao, 2010. "Portfolio selection under distributional uncertainty: A relative robust CVaR approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(1), pages 185-194, May.
- Libo Yin & Liyan Han, 2020. "International Assets Allocation with Risk Management via Multi-Stage Stochastic Programming," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 55(2), pages 383-405, February.
- Massimiliano Kaucic & Roberto Daris, 2016. "Prospect Theory Based Portfolio Optimization Problem with Imprecise Forecasts," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 14(4 (Winter), pages 359-384.
- Turan Bali & Panayiotis Theodossiou, 2007. "A conditional-SGT-VaR approach with alternative GARCH models," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 241-267, April.
- Raquel J. Fonseca & Steve Zymler & Wolfram Wiesemann & Berc Rustem, 2009. "Robust Optimization of Currency Portfolios," Working Papers 012, COMISEF.
- Bianchi, Robert J. & Bornholt, Graham & Drew, Michael E. & Howard, Michael F., 2014. "Long-term U.S. infrastructure returns and portfolio selection," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 314-325.
- Mansini, Renata & Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Speranza, M. Grazia, 2014. "Twenty years of linear programming based portfolio optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 518-535.
- Sun, Qi & Dong, Yucheng & Xu, Weidong, 2013. "Effects of higher order moments on the newsvendor problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 167-177.
- Johan Hagenbjörk & Jörgen Blomvall, 2019. "Simulation and evaluation of the distribution of interest rate risk," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 297-327, February.
- Fonseca, Raquel J. & Rustem, Berç, 2012. "International portfolio management with affine policies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(1), pages 177-187.
- Michal Kaut & Hercules Vladimirou & Stein W. Wallace & Stavros A. Zenios, 2007. "Stability analysis of portfolio management with conditional value-at-risk," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 397-409.
- Mei Qiu & Pinfold & Rose, 2015. "A currency preferential approach to international equity investment," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(49), pages 5247-5261, October.
- Willem Klein Haneveld & Matthijs Streutker & Maarten Vlerk, 2010. "An ALM model for pension funds using integrated chance constraints," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 177(1), pages 47-62, June.
- Louis Chakkalakal & Ulrich Hommel & Wenwei Li, 2018. "Transport infrastructure equities in mixed-asset portfolios: estimating risk with a Garch-Copula CVaR model," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 117-138, April.
- Ponomareva, K. & Roman, D. & Date, P., 2015. "An algorithm for moment-matching scenario generation with application to financial portfolio optimisation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 678-687.
- Shushang Zhu & Masao Fukushima, 2009. "Worst-Case Conditional Value-at-Risk with Application to Robust Portfolio Management," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(5), pages 1155-1168, October.
- Andrea Beltratti & Paolo Colla, 2007. "A portfolio-based evaluation of affine term structure models," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 193-222, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:26:y:2002:i:7:p:1535-1561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.