Freezeout, Compensation Rules and Voting Equilibria
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- At, Christian & Béal, Sylvain & Morand, Pierre-Henri, 2015. "Freezeout, compensation rules, and voting equilibria," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 91-102.
- Christian At & Sylvain Béal & Pierre-Henri Morand, 2015. "Freezeout, compensation rules, and voting equilibria," Post-Print hal-01313554, HAL.
- Christian At & Pierre-Henri Morand & Sylvain Béal, 2015. "Freezeout, Compensation Rules, and Voting Equilibria," Post-Print halshs-01308314, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yakov Amihud & Marcel Kahan & Rangarajan K. Sundaram, 2004. "The Foundations of Freezeout Laws in Takeovers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1325-1344, June.
- Hirshleifer, David & Titman, Sheridan, 1990. "Share Tendering Strategies and the Success of Hostile Takeover Bids," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 295-324, April.
- Jeremy Bulow & Ming Huang & Paul Klemperer, 1999.
"Toeholds and Takeovers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(3), pages 427-454, June.
- Jeremy Bulow & Ming Huang & Paul Klemperer, 1996. "Toeholds and Takeovers," Finance 9608001, EconWPA.
- Jeremy Bulow & Ming Huang & Paul Klemperer, 1999. "Toeholds and Takeovers," Finance 9903005, EconWPA.
- Bulow, Jeremy I. & Huang, Ming & Klemperer, Paul, 1996. "Toeholds and Takeovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1486, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Strange William C., 1995. "Information, Holdouts, and Land Assembly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 317-332, November.
- Maug, Ernst, 2006. "Efficiency and fairness in minority freezeouts: Takeovers, overbidding, and the freeze-in problem," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 355-379, September.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1980. "Takeover Bids, the Free-Rider Problem, and the Theory of the Corporation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 42-64, Spring.
- Dewatripont, M., 1993.
"The 'leading shareholder' strategy, takeover contests and stock price dynamics,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 983-1004, June.
- Mathias Dewatripont, 1993. "The leading shareholder strategy, takeover contests and stock price dynamics," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9589, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bøhren, Øyvind & Krosvik, Nils Erik, 2013. "The economics of minority freezeouts: Evidence from the courtroom," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 48-58.
- Guhan Subramanian, 2007. "Post-Siliconix Freeze-Outs: Theory and Evidence," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Segerson, Kathleen, 2007. "The Economics of Eminent Domain: Private Property, Public Use, and Just Compensation," Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 275-329, July.
- George J. Mailath & Andrew Postlewaite, 1990. "Asymmetric Information Bargaining Problems with Many Agents," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 351-367.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Nalebuff, Barry, 1992. "To the Raider Goes the Surplus? A Reexamination of the Free-Rider Problem," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 37-62, Spring.
- Burkart, Mike, 1995. " Initial Shareholdings and Overbidding in Takeover Contests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1491-1515, December.
- Mark Bagnoli, Barton L. Lipman, 1988. "Successful Takeovers without Exclusion," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 89-110.
- Ferguson, Michael F, 1994. "Ownership Structure, Potential Competition, and the Free-Rider Problem in Tender Offers," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 35-62, April.
- Eckart, Wolfgang, 1985. "On the land assembly problem," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 364-378, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francis, Bill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Mani, Sureshbabu & Ye, Pengfei, 2016. "Relative peer quality and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 196-219.
- World Bank, 2017. "Brazil’s INDC Restoration and Reforestation Target," World Bank Other Operational Studies 28588, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsVoting games; Compensations; Fairness; Freezeout; Regulatory takings; Debt restructuring;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-05-24 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EXP-2013-05-24 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2013-05-24 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2013-05-24 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-POL-2013-05-24 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crb:wpaper:2013-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian At). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crufcfr.html .