Who Shrunk China? Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert C. Feenstra & Hong Ma & J. Peter Neary & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2013. "Who Shrunk China? Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(12), pages 1100-1129, December.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Hong Ma & J. Peter Neary & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2012. "Who Shrunk China? Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP," NBER Working Papers 17729, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Neary & Robert C. Feenstra, 2011. "Who Shrunk China? Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP," Economics Series Working Papers 566, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barnett, William A. & Erwin Diewert, W. & Zellner, Arnold, 2011.
"Introduction to measurement with theory,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 1-5, March.
- Barnett, William A. & Diewert, W. Erwin & Zellner, Arnold, 2009. "Introduction to Measurement with Theory," MPRA Paper 14868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & W. Erwin Diewert & Arnold Zellner, 2009. "Introduction to Measurement with Theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200906, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2009.
- Balk,Bert M., 2012. "Price and Quantity Index Numbers," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107404960.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Diewert, W. E. & Wales, T. J., 1988. "A normalized quadratic semiflexible functional form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 327-342, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hosseiny, Ali, 2017. "A geometrical imaging of the real gap between economies of China and the United States," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 479(C), pages 151-161.
- Ali Hosseiny, 2015. "Violation of Invariance of Measurement for GDP Growth Rate and its Consequences," Papers 1507.04848, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2016.
- Robert J. Hill & Iqbal A. Syed, 2015. "Improving International Comparisons of Prices at Basic Heading Level: An Application to the Asia-Pacific Region," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(3), pages 515-539, September.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:97:y:2017:i:c:p:102-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lrk:eeaart:36_1_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean Fouré & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné, 2013. "Modelling the world economy at the 2050 horizon," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 21(4), pages 617-654, October.
- Jean Fouré & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné, 2012.
"The Great Shift: Macroeconomic projections for the world economy at the 2050 horizon,"
2012-03, CEPII research center.
- Jean Fouré & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné, 2012. "The Great Shift : Macroeconomic projections For the World Economy at the 2050 Horizon," PSE - G-MOND WORKING PAPERS hal-00962464, HAL.
- Inklaar, Robert & de Jong, Harmen & Bolt, Jutta & van Zanden, Jan, 2018. "Rebasing 'Maddison': new income comparisons and the shape of long-run economic development," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-174, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Almås, Ingvild & Johnsen, Åshild Auglænd & Kotsadam, Andreaa, 2014. "Poverty in China Seen from Outer Space," Memorandum 11/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Fadi Hassan, 2014. "The Price of Development," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp446, IIIS.
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 2012. "The changing geography of world trade: Projections to 2030," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 303-323.
- Hassan, Fadi, 2016. "The price of development: The Penn–Balassa–Samuelson effect revisited," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 291-309.
- Ingvild Almås & Anders Kjelsrud, 2016. "Pro-poor Price Trends and Inequality - The Case of India," CESifo Working Paper Series 5740, CESifo Group Munich.
- Morrow, John & Carter, Michael, 2013.
"Left, right, left: income, learning and political dynamics,"
45020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Morrow & Michael Carter, 2013. "Left, Right, Left: Income, Learning and Political Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 19498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deng, Kent & O’Brien, Patrick Karl, 2016. "China’s GDP per capita from the Han Dynasty to communist times," Economic History Working Papers 64857, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Robert Inklaar & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2017. "Cross-Country Income Levels over Time: Did the Developing World Suddenly Become Much Richer?," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 265-290, January.
- Kent Deng & Patrick Karl O’Brien, 2014. "Creative Destruction: Chinese GDP per capita from the Han Dynasty to Modern Times," Working Papers 0063, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:18-38 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEKS; Geary-Khamis and GAIA Indexes; Gerschenkron Effect; International comparisons of real income and GDP; Measurement economics; substitution bias;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:8592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.