Competitive Non-Linear Pricing in Duopoly Equilibrium: The Early US Cellular Telephone Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc Ivaldi & David Martimort, 1994. "Competition under Nonlinear Pricing," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 34, pages 13-69.
- Bruno Biais & David Martimort & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000.
"Competing Mechanisms in a Common Value Environment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 799-838, July.
- Biais, Bruno & Martimort, David & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Competing Mechanisms in a Commun Value Environment," IDEI Working Papers 75, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Meghan Busse & Marc Rysman, 2005.
"Competition and Price Discrimination in Yellow Pages Advertising,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(2), pages 378-390, Summer.
- Meghan R. Busse & Marc Rysman, 2001. "Competition and Price Discrimination in Yellow Pages Advertising," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm207, Yale School of Management.
- Meghan R. Busse, 2000. "Multimarket Contact and Price Coordination in the Cellular Telephone Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 287-320, June.
- Clerides, Sofronis K., 2002. "Book value: intertemporal pricing and quality discrimination in the US market for books," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1385-1408, December.
- Armstrong, Mark & Vickers, John, 2001. "Competitive Price Discrimination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 579-605, Winter.
- Martimort David & Stole Lars, 2003.
"Contractual Externalities and Common Agency Equilibria,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-40, July.
- Martimort, David & Stole, Lars, 1999. "Contractual Externalities and Common Agency Equilibria," IDEI Working Papers 110, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2003.
- David Martimort & Lars Stole, 2001. "Contractual Externalities and Common Agency Equilibria," CESifo Working Paper Series 581, CESifo Group Munich.
- David Martimort & Lars Stole, 2002.
"The Revelation and Delegation Principles in Common Agency Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1659-1673, July.
- David Martimort & Lars Stole, 2001. "The Revelation and Delegation Principles in Common Agency Games," CESifo Working Paper Series 575, CESifo Group Munich.
- Phillip Leslie, 2004. "Price Discrimination in Broadway Theater," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(3), pages 520-541, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Bajari & Jeremy Fox & Stephen Ryan, 2008.
"Evaluating wireless carrier consolidation using semiparametric demand estimation,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 299-338, December.
- Patrick Bajari & Jeremy T. Fox & Stephen Ryan, 2006. "Evaluating Wireless Carrier Consolidation Using Semiparametric Demand Estimation," NBER Working Papers 12425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khaled Diaw & Jérôme Pouyet, 2004.
"Competition, Incomplete Discrimination and Versioning,"
2004-20, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Diaw, Khaled & Pouyet, Jérôme, 2004. "Competition, Incomplete Discrimination and Versioning," CEPR Discussion Papers 4589, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diaw, K. & Pouyet, J., 2004. "Competition, Incomplete Discrimination and Versioning," Discussion Paper 2004-69, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- DIAW, Khaled & POUYET, Jerome, 2004. "Competition, incomplete discrimination and versioning," CORE Discussion Papers 2004054, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Miravete, Eugenio J, 2004. "Are all those Calling Plans Really Necessary? The Limited Gains From Complex Tariffs," CEPR Discussion Papers 4237, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Liang, Julienne, 2015. "How fixed mobile usage interact? Does FTTH deployment influence the interaction?," 26th European Regional ITS Conference, Madrid 2015 127157, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Katja Seim & V. Brian Viard, 2011.
"The Effect of Market Structure on Cellular Technology Adoption and Pricing,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 221-251, May.
- Seim, Katja & Viard, V. Brian, 2006. "The Effect of Market Structure on Cellular Technology Adoption and Pricing," Research Papers 1876r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Eugenio J. Miravete, 2009. "Competing with Menus of Tariff Options," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(1), pages 188-205, March.
- STROUKAL Dominik, 2013. "Price Discrimination On The Marijuana Market: Schwag Or Endo?," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 8(2), pages 128-136, August.
- Bonatti, Alessandro, 2011. "Brand-specific tastes for quality," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 562-575, September.
- Stole, Lars A., 2007. "Price Discrimination and Competition," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: Mark Armstrong & Robert Porter (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 34, pages 2221-2299, Elsevier.
- Gil, Ricard & Hartmann, Wesley R., 2008. "Why Does Popcorn Cost So Much at the Movies? An Empirical Analysis of Metering Price Discrimination," Research Papers 1983, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Liu, Yizao & Shen, Shu, 2012. "Price Discrimination with Asymmetric Firms: The Case of the U.S. Carbonated Soft Drinks Market," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124619, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Michaela Draganska & Sanjog Misra & Victor Aguirregabiria & Pat Bajari & Liran Einav & Paul Ellickson & Dan Horsky & Sridhar Narayanan & Yesim Orhun & Peter Reiss & Katja Seim & Vishal Singh & Raphael, 2008. "Discrete choice models of firms’ strategic decisions," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 399-416, December.
- Khaled Diaw & Jérôme Pouyet, 2005. "Information, competition and (In) complete discrimination," Working Papers hal-00243025, HAL.
- Stefano DellaVigna & Ulrike Malmendier, 2006. "Paying Not to Go to the Gym," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 694-719, June.
- Mark Armstrong, 2005. "Recent Developments in the Economics of Price Discrimination," Industrial Organization 0511004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McCalman, Phillip, 2018. "International trade, income distribution and welfare," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 1-15.
- Eugenio J. Miravete & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2003. "Estimating Markups under Nonlinear Pricing Competition," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-21, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Gao, Maija & Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2005. "Demand for Mobile Internet: Evidence from a Real-World Pricing Experiment," Discussion Papers 964, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ron Borzekowski & Raphael Thomadsen & Charles Taragin, 2009.
"Competition and price discrimination in the market for mailing lists,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 147-179, June.
- Ron Borzekowski & Raphael Thomadsen & Charles Taragin, 2005. "Competition and price discrimination in the market for mailing lists," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-56, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yao Luo, 2011. "Nonlinear Pricing with Product Customization in Mobile Service Industry," Working Papers 11-28, NET Institute.
More about this item
Keywordscommon agency; competitive non-linear pricing; estimation of Equilibrium oligopoly models;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2003-10-05 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:4069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.