Informality: Causes, Consequences and Policy Responses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2014. "Informality: Causes, Consequences And Policy Responses," Working Papers 250006, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cai, Wenbiao & Pandey, Manish, 2013.
"Size-dependent labor regulations and structural transformation in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 272-275.
- Wenbiao Cai & Manish Pandey, 2012. "Size-Dependent Labor Regulations and Structural Transformation in India," Departmental Working Papers 2012-03, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2004.
"Can Labor Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 91-134.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can labour regulation hinder economic performance? Evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3779, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 33, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 3260, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Urmila Chatterjee & Ravi Kanbur, 2013.
"Regulation and Non-Compliance : Magnitudes and Patterns for India's Factories Act,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
16717, The World Bank.
- Chatterjee, Urmilla & Kanbur, Ravi, 2014. "Regulation and Non-Compliance: Magnitudes and Patterns for India's Factories Act," Working Papers 180157, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chatterjee, Urmila & Kanbur, Ravi, 2014. "Regulation and noncompliance : magnitudes and patterns for India's factories act," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6755, The World Bank.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2017. "The Digital Revolution and Targeting Public Expenditure for Poverty Reduction," CEPR Discussion Papers 12089, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:spr:ijlaec:v:60:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s41027-017-0080-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mirkasimov, Bakhrom & Ahunov, Muzaffar, 2017. "Labor markets and informality: the case of Central Asia," MPRA Paper 78751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- H. Lehmann & N. Pignatti, 2018.
"Informal Employment Relationships and the Labor Market: Is there Segmentation in Ukraine?,"
wp1117, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Pignatti, Norberto, 2018. "Informal Employment Relationships and the Labor Market: Is There Segmentation in Ukraine?," IZA Discussion Papers 11256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsinformal labour; informal sector; informality; informality and poverty;
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IUE-2015-03-27 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:10509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.