Informality: Causes, Consequences and Policy Responses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2014. "Informality: Causes, Consequences And Policy Responses," Working Papers 250006, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cai, Wenbiao & Pandey, Manish, 2013.
"Size-dependent labor regulations and structural transformation in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 272-275.
- Wenbiao Cai & Manish Pandey, 2012. "Size-Dependent Labor Regulations and Structural Transformation in India," Departmental Working Papers 2012-03, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2004.
"Can Labor Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 91-134.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can labour regulation hinder economic performance? Evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3779, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 33, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 3260, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Urmila Chatterjee & Ravi Kanbur, 2013.
"Regulation and Non-Compliance : Magnitudes and Patterns for India's Factories Act,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
16717, The World Bank.
- Chatterjee, Urmilla & Kanbur, Ravi, 2014. "Regulation and Non-Compliance: Magnitudes and Patterns for India's Factories Act," Working Papers 180157, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chatterjee, Urmila & Kanbur, Ravi, 2014. "Regulation and noncompliance : magnitudes and patterns for India's factories act," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6755, The World Bank.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2017. "The Digital Revolution and Targeting Public Expenditure for Poverty Reduction," CEPR Discussion Papers 12089, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:spr:ijlaec:v:60:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s41027-017-0080-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mirkasimov, Bakhrom & Ahunov, Muzaffar, 2017. "Labor markets and informality: the case of Central Asia," MPRA Paper 78751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- H. Lehmann & N. Pignatti, 2018.
"Informal Employment Relationships and the Labor Market: Is there Segmentation in Ukraine?,"
wp1117, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Pignatti, Norberto, 2018. "Informal Employment Relationships and the Labor Market: Is There Segmentation in Ukraine?," IZA Discussion Papers 11256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsinformal labour; informal sector; informality; informality and poverty;
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IUE-2015-03-27 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:10509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.