Does Violence Reduce Investment In Education?: A Theoretical And Empirical Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacob M. Markman & Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain & Steven G. Rivkin, 2003. "Does peer ability affect student achievement?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 527-544.
- Long, James E & Toma, Eugenia F, 1988. "The Determinants of Private School Attendance, 1970-1980," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 351-357, May.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Victor Lavy, 1999. "Using Maimonides' Rule to Estimate the Effect of Class Size on Scholastic Achievement," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 533-575.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2008. "Colombia - The Quality of Education in Colombia : An Analysis and Options for a Policy Agenda," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7875, The World Bank.
- Gregory L. Haugan, 2016. "The effect of urban violence on student achievement in Medellin, Colombia," Documentos CEDE 014326, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Jarillo, Brenda & Magaloni, Beatriz & Franco, Edgar & Robles, Gustavo, 2016. "How the Mexican drug war affects kids and schools? Evidence on effects and mechanisms," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 135-146.
- Rony Pshisva & Gustavo A. Suarez, 2006. "'Captive markets': the impact of kidnappings on corporate investment in Colombia," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Duque, Valentina, 2019. "Violence and Children’s Education: Evidence from Administrative Data," Working Papers 2019-16, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Rony Pshisva & Gustavo A. Suarez, 2010. "Capital Crimes: Kidnappings and Corporate Investment in Colombia," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Crime: Lessons for and from Latin America, pages 63-97, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cortés Darwin & Montolio Daniel, 2014. "Provision of Public Goods and Violent Conflict: Evidence from Colombia," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 20(1), pages 143-167, January.
- Nillesen, Eleonora, 2016. "Empty cups? Assessing the impact of civil war violence on coffee farming in Burundi," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Wharton, Kate & Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2011. "Conflict and its Impact on Educational Accumulation and Enrollment in Colombia: What We Can Learn from Recent IDPs," IZA Discussion Papers 5939, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ruth Uwaifo Oyelere & Kate Wharton, 2013. "The Impact of Conflict on Education Attainment and Enrollment in Colombia: lessons from recent IDPs," HiCN Working Papers 141, Households in Conflict Network.
- Thomas Bassetti & Raul Caruso & Darwin Cortés, 2015.
"Behavioral differences in violence: The case of intra-group differences of Paramilitaries and Guerrillas in Colombia,"
Documentos de Trabajo
013823, Universidad del Rosario.
- Thomas Bassetti & Raul Caruso & Darwin Cortes, 2015. "Behavioral differences in violence: The case of intra-group differences of Paramilitaries and Guerrillas in Colombia," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Politica Economica ispe0073, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Bassetti, Thomas & Caruso, Raul & Cortes, Darwin, 2015. "Behavioral Differences in Violence: The Case of Intra-Group Differences of Paramilitaries and Guerrillas in Colombia," MPRA Paper 64943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2012. "Estimating Effectiveness of the Control of Violence and Socioeconomic Development in Colombia: An Application of Dynamic Data Envelopment Analysis and Data Panel Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 343-366, February.
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2011. "Estimando la efectividad en el control de la violencia y el desarrollo socio-económico en Colombia," Serie de Documentos en Economía y Violencia 008079, Centro de Investigaciones en Violencia, Instituciones y Desarrollo Económico (VIDE).
- Alexander Cotte Poveda, 2011. "Estimating Effectiveness of the Control of Violence and Socioeconomic Development in Colombia: An Application of DEA and Data Panel Approach," Serie de Documentos en Economía y Violencia 008356, Centro de Investigaciones en Violencia, Instituciones y Desarrollo Económico (VIDE).
- Catherine rodrï¿½guez & fabio sánchez, 2012.
"Armed Conflict Exposure, Human Capital Investments, And Child Labor: Evidence From Colombia,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 161-184, April.
- Catherine Rodriguez & Fabio Sanchez, 2009. "Armed Conflict Exposure, Human Capital Investments and Child Labor: Evidence from Colombia," HiCN Working Papers 68, Households in Conflict Network.
- Catherine Rodríguez & Fabio Sánchez T., 2009. "Armed Conflict Exposure, Human Capital Investments and Child Labor: Evidence from Colombia," Documentos CEDE 005400, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Yashodhan Ghorpade, 2012. "Coping Strategies in Natural Disasters and under Conflict: A Review of Household Responses and Notes for Public Policy," HiCN Working Papers 136, Households in Conflict Network.
- Singha, Komal, 2013. "Conflict and education in Manipur: A comparative analysis," Working Papers 305, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
More about this item
KeywordsTheory of Education;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000089:002382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Universidad De Los Andes-Cede). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.