The copula approach of sampling selection modelling: an application to the recreational value of forests
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1993. "Semiparametric estimation of a work-trip mode choice model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 49-70, July.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Olsen, Randall J, 1980. "A Least Squares Correction for Selectivity Bias," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1815-1820, November.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Siu Fai Leung & Shihti Yu, 2000.
"Collinearity and Two-Step Estimation of Sample Selection Models: Problems, Origins, and Remedies,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 15(3), pages 173-199, June.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1996. "Collinearity and Two-Step Estimation of Sample Selection Models: Problems, Origins and Remedies," RCER Working Papers 419, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Lung-Fei Lee, 1982. "Some Approaches to the Correction of Selectivity Bias," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 355-372.
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- James J. Heckman & Justin L. Tobias & Edward Vytlacil, 2000. "Simple Estimators for Treatment Parameters in a Latent Variable Framework with an Application to Estimating the Returns to Schooling," NBER Working Papers 7950, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-694, July.
- James Heckman & Justin L. Tobias & Edward Vytlacil, 2003.
"Simple Estimators for Treatment Parameters in a Latent-Variable Framework,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 748-755, August.
- Heckman, J J & Tobias, Justin & Vytlacil, Ed, 2003. "Simple Estimators for Treatment Parameters in a Latent Variable Framework," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12012, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pagan, Adrian & Vella, Frank, 1989. "Diagnostic Tests for Models Based on Individual Data: A Survey," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(S), pages 29-59, Supplemen.
- Maria Fraga O. Martins, 2001. "Parametric and semiparametric estimation of sample selection models: an empirical application to the female labour force in Portugal," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 23-39.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kostov, Philip & Patton, Myles & Moss, Joan E. & McErlean, Seamus, 2005.
"Does Gibrat's Law Hold Amongst Dairy Farmers in Northern Ireland?,"
2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark
24775, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kostov, Philip & Patton, Myles & Moss, Joan & McErlean, Seamus, 2006. "Does Gibrat’s law hold amongst dairy farmers in Northern Ireland?," MPRA Paper 3370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscontingent valuation; selectivity bias; bivariate models; copulas;
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cns:cnscwp:200308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonello Pau). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crenoit.html .