Collinearity and Two-Step Estimation of Sample Selection Models: Problems, Origins, and Remedies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1996. "Collinearity and Two-Step Estimation of Sample Selection Models: Problems, Origins and Remedies," RCER Working Papers 419, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisabetta Strazzera & Margarita Genius & Riccardo Scarpa & George Hutchinson, 2003. "The Effect of Protest Votes on the Estimates of WTP for Use Values of Recreational Sites," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 25(4), pages 461-476, August.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Eluru, Naveen, 2009. "A copula-based approach to accommodate residential self-selection effects in travel behavior modeling," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 749-765, August.
- Marra, Giampiero & Radice, Rosalba, 2013. "Estimation of a regression spline sample selection model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 158-173.
- Yow-Jen Jou & Chien-Chia Huang & Hsun-Jung Cho, 2014. "A VIF-based optimization model to alleviate collinearity problems in multiple linear regression," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 29(6), pages 1515-1541, December.
- Elisabetta Strazzera & Margarita Genius, 2004. "The Copula Approach to Sample Selection Modelling: An Application to the Recreational Value of Forests," Working Papers 2004.73, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Costanigro, Marco & Kroll, Stephan & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2012. "Local, Organic, Conventional— Asymmetric Effects of Information and Taste on Label Preferences in an Experimental Auction," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA 123199, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Susanne Elsas, 2013. "Pooling and Sharing Income within Households: A Satisfaction Approach," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 587, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Matloob Piracha & Stephane Mahuteau & Massimiliano Tani, 2010.
"Selection Policy and Immigrants’ Remittance Behaviour,"
Studies in Economics
1003, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Mahuteau, Stephane & Piracha, Matloob & Tani, Massimiliano, 2010. "Selection Policy and Immigrants' Remittance Behaviour," IZA Discussion Papers 4874, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mikhail Zhelonkin & Marc G. Genton & Elvezio Ronchetti, 2016. "Robust inference in sample selection models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 78(4), pages 805-827, September.
- M. Genius & E. Strazzera, 2003. "The copula approach of sampling selection modelling: an application to the recreational value of forests," Working Paper CRENoS 200308, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Tani, Massimiliano, 2012.
"Does immigration policy affect the education--occupation mismatch? Evidence from Australia,"
Australian Bulletin of Labour,
National Institute of Labour Studies, vol. 38(2), pages 111-141.
- Tani, Massimiliano, 2012. "Does Immigration Policy Affect the Education-Occupation Mismatch? Evidence from Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 6937, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William Fonta & H. Ichoku & Jane Kabubo-Mariara, 2010. "The effect of protest zeros on estimates of willingness to pay in healthcare contingent valuation analysis," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 225-237, July.
- Yang Li & Walter J. Mayer, 2007. "Impact of corrections for dynamic selection bias on forecasts of retention behavior," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(8), pages 571-582.
- Chen, Yiu Por (Vincent), 2015. "Fiscal Decentralization, Rural Industrialization, and Undocumented Labor Mobility in Rural China (1982-87)," IZA Discussion Papers 9024, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jorge Davalos & Monica Puoma Lambon-Quayefio & Samuel B. Manu, 2017. "An empirical assessment of the union facilitation effect in the Ghanaian labor market Author-Name: Nkechi S. Owoo," Working Papers PMMA 2017-08, PEP-PMMA.
- Emmanuel O. Ogundimu & Jane L. Hutton, 2016. "A Sample Selection Model with Skew-normal Distribution," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 43(1), pages 172-190, March.
- Erika Spissu & Abdul Pinjari & Ram Pendyala & Chandra Bhat, 2009. "A copula-based joint multinomial discrete–continuous model of vehicle type choice and miles of travel," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 403-422, July.
- Ying Yao & Makoto Tanaka, 2016. "Price offers of pharmaceutical procurement in China: evidence from Guangdong province," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(5), pages 563-575, June.
More about this item
Keywordssample selection; Heckman's two-step method; collinearity problem; remedy; Monte Carlo experiment; wage equation;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:15:y:2000:i:3:p:173-199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.