Efficient Search by Committee
This note constructs an efficient mechanism for finding the best candidate for a committee from a sequence of potential candidates. Committee members have independent private values information about the quality of the candidate. The mechanism selects the best candidate according to the standard utilitarian welfare criterion. Furthermore, the mechanism can be modified to have a balanced budget.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albrecht, James & Anderson, Axel & Vroman, Susan, 2010.
"Search by committee,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(4), pages 1386-1407, July.
- James Albrecht & Axel Anderson & Susan Vroman, 2007. "Search by Committee," Working Papers gueconwpa~07-07-09, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Albrecht, James & Anderson, Axel Z. & Vroman, Susan, 2007. "Search by Committee," IZA Discussion Papers 3137, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Susan Vroman & Axel Anderson & James Albrecht, 2007. "Search by Committee," 2007 Meeting Papers 351, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Valimaki, 2008.
"The Dynamic Pivot Mechanism,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1672R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Dec 2009.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Valimaki, 2008. "The Dynamic Pivot Mechanism," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1672, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Välimäki, 2008. "The Dynamic Pivot Mechanism," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002340, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levarc:786969000000000020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.