The rule of information in bargaining: an experimental study
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roth, Alvin E & Murnighan, J Keith, 1982. "The Role of Information in Bargaining: An Experimental Study," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1123-1142, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roth, Alvin E. & Malouf, Michael W. K. & Murnighan, J. Keith, 1981. "Sociological versus strategic factors in bargaining," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 153-177, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stephen Leider & William S. Lovejoy, 2016. "Bargaining in Supply Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(10), pages 3039-3058, October.
- Christopher Bruce & Jeremy Clark, 2010.
"The Efficiency of Direct Public Involvement in Environmental Policymaking: An Experimental Test,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 157-182, February.
- Christopher Bruce & Jeremy Clark, 2008. "The Efficiency of Direct Public Involvement in Environmental Policymaking: An Experimental Test," Working Papers in Economics 08/08, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, "undated".
"Theories of Fairness and Reciprocity - Evidence and Economic Applications,"
IEW - Working Papers
075, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus Schmidt, 2000. "Theories of Fairness and Reciprocity – Evidence and Economic Applications," CESifo Working Paper Series 403, CESifo.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2001. "Theories of Fairness and Reciprocity - Evidence and Economic Applications," CEPR Discussion Papers 2703, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cochard François & Couprie Helene & Hopfensitz Astrid, 2009. "Do Spouses Cooperate? And If Not: Why?," THEMA Working Papers 2009-10, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Yildiz, Özgür, 2016. "Public-private partnerships, incomplete contracts, and distributional fairness – when payments matter," MPRA Paper 74552, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McGinn, Kathleen L. & Milkman, Katherine L. & Nöth, Markus, 2012.
"Walking the talk in multiparty bargaining: An experimental investigation,"
Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 278-291.
- Kathleen L. McGinn & Katherine L. Milkman & Markus Nöth, 2009. "Walking the Talk in Multiparty Bargaining: An Experimental Investigation," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-039, Harvard Business School.
- Colin F. Camerer & Gideon Nave & Alec Smith, 2019. "Dynamic Unstructured Bargaining with Private Information: Theory, Experiment, and Outcome Prediction via Machine Learning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(4), pages 1867-1890, April.
- Ochs, Jack & Roth, Alvin E, 1989. "An Experimental Study of Sequential Bargaining," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 355-384, June.
- Andrzej Baranski Author e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & Diogo Geraldes Author e-mail: email@example.com & Ada Kovaliukaite Author e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & James Tremewan Author e-mail: ja, 2021. "An Experiment on Gender Representation in Majoritarian Bargaining," Working Papers 20210060, New York University Abu Dhabi, Department of Social Science, revised Jan 2021.
- Ken Binmore & A. Shaked & J. Sutton, 1997. "Testing Non-Cooperative Bargaining Theory: A Preliminary Study," Levine's Working Paper Archive 792, David K. Levine.
- repec:clg:wpaper:2009-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Đula, Ivan & Größler, Andreas, 2021. "Inequity aversion in dynamically complex supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 291(1), pages 309-322.
- Andrew M. Davis & Stephen Leider, 2018. "Contracts and Capacity Investment in Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 403-421, July.
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2012. "Alvin E. Roth and Lloyd S. Shapley: Stable allocations and the practice of market design," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2012-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Zintl, Reinhard, 1991. "Kooperation und die Aufteilung des Kooperationsgewinns bei horizontaler Politikverflechtung," MPIfG Discussion Paper 91/6, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Chang, Simon & Dee, Thomas S. & Tse, Chun-Wing & Yu, Li, 2015. "Be a Good Samaritan to a Good Samaritan: Field Evidence of Interdependent Other-Regarding Preferences in China," IZA Discussion Papers 9319, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Knez, Marc, 1998. "Precedent transfer in experimental conflict-of-interest games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 239-249, February.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2005. "The Economics of Fairness, Reciprocity and Altruism â€“ Experimental Evidence and New Theories," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 66, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Navarro, Noemí & Veszteg, Róbert F., 2020. "On the empirical validity of axioms in unstructured bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 117-145.
- Isoni, Andrea & Poulsen, Anders & Sugden, Robert & Tsutsui, Kei, 2019. "Focal points and payoff information in tacit bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 193-214.
- Bolton, Gary E., 1997. "The rationality of splitting equally," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 365-381, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levarc:1631. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.dklevine.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: David K. Levine (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.dklevine.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.