Tax Incentives: Issue and Evidence
This paper discusses the issue of R&D tax incentives: why these incentives?, what are their modalities?, their pros and cons?, are they effective? and are there alternatives to R&D tax incentives? Cet article fait le point sur l'utilité des incitations fiscales à la recherche-développement: le pourquoi, le comment, le pour et le contre de ces incitations, leur efficacité et l'existence de solutions alternatives.
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (514) 985-4000
Fax: (514) 985-4039
Web page: http://www.cirano.qc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cordes, Joseph J., 1989. "Tax incentives and R&D spending: A review of the evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 119-133, June.
- Marcel Dagenais & Pierre Mohnen & Pierre Therrien, 1997.
"Do Canadian Firms Respond to Fiscal Incentives to Research and Development?,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Dagenais, M. & Mohnen, P. & Therrien, P., 1997. "Do Canadian Firms Respond to Fiscal Incentives To Research and Development?," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 97b05, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Mohnen, Pierre A. & Nadiri, M. Ishaq & Prucha, Ingmar R., 1986. "R&D, production structure and rates of return in the U.S., Japanese and German manufacturing sectors: A non-separable dynamic factor demand model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 749-771, August.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982.
"International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy,"
518, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Spencer, Barbara J & Brander, James A, 1983. "International R & D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 707-22, October.
- Shah, Anwar & DEC, 1994. "The economics of research and development : how research and development capital affects production and markets and is affected by tax incentives," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1325, The World Bank.
- Mansfield, Edwin & Switzer, Lorne, 1985. "The effects of R&D tax credits and allowances in Canada," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 97-107, April.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1995.
"Taxes, Technology Transfer, and the R&D Activities of Multinational Firms,"
in: The Effects of Taxation on Multinational Corporations, pages 225-252
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1994. "Taxes, Technology Transfer, and the R&D Activities of Multinational Firms," NBER Working Papers 4932, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Griffith & David Sandler & John Van Reenen, 1995. "Tax incentives for R&D," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 16(2), pages 21-44, May.
- McFetridge, D.G., 1995. "Science and Technology: Perspectives for Public Policy," Gouvernement du Canada - Industrial Organization 9, Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada.
- Hall, Bronwyn & Van Reenen, John, 2000. "How effective are fiscal incentives for R&D? A review of the evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 449-469, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:99s-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.