Copper, the Real Exchange Rate and Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Chile
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Vegh, Carlos A. & Vuletin, Guillermo, 2013.
"On graduation from fiscal procyclicality,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 32-47.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Carlos A. Végh & Guillermo Vuletin, 2011. "On Graduation from Fiscal Procyclicality," NBER Working Papers 17619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Vegh, Carlos A. & Vuletin, Guillermo, 2012. "On Graduation from Fiscal Procyclicality," Working Paper Series rwp12-011, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Carlos A. Vegh & Guillermo Vuletin, 2012. "On Graduation from Fiscal Procyclicality," CID Working Papers 248, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Vulentin, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos A & Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2012. "On Graduation from Fiscal Procyclicality," Scholarly Articles 8694931, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Ruy Lama & Juan Pablo Medina, 2012.
"Is Exchange Rate Stabilization an Appropriate Cure for the Dutch Disease?,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(1), pages 5-46, March.
- Juan Pablo Medina Guzman & Ruy Lama, 2010. "Is Exchange Rate Stabilization an Appropriate Cure for the Dutch Disease?," IMF Working Papers 10/182, International Monetary Fund.
- Luis Felipe Céspedes & Jorge A. Fornero & Jordi Galí, 2013.
"Non-Ricardian Aspects of Fiscal Policy in Chile,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Jordi Galí (ed.), Fiscal Policy and Macroeconomic Performance, edition 1, volume 17, chapter 8, pages 283-322
Central Bank of Chile.
- Paul Castillo Bardález & Jorge Salas, 2010. "The Terms of Trade as Drivers of Economic Fluctuations in Developing Economies: An Empirical Study," Premio de Banca Central Rodrigo Gómez / Central Banking Award "Rodrigo Gómez", Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA, number prg2010eng, enero-jun.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2007.
"Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low-income countries?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 155-187, September.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2005. "Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low income countries?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3680, The World Bank.
- José De Gregorio R. / & Andrea Tokman R., 2005. "Fear of Floating and Exchange Rate Policy in Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 8(3), pages 29-54, December.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2007. "Why Has U.S. Inflation Become Harder to Forecast?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(s1), pages 3-33, February.
- Claudio Bravo-Ortega & Jose De Gregorio, "undated".
"The Relative Richness of the Poor? Natural Resources, Human Capital and Economic Growth,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
139, Central Bank of Chile.
- Bravo-Ortega, Claudio & de Gregorio, Jose, 2005. "The relative richness of the poor? natural resources, human capital, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3484, The World Bank.
- Rodrigo Caputo & Rodrigo Valdés, 2016. "A fiscal vaccine against the Dutch disease," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 68-73, January.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2007. "Erratum to "Why Has U.S. Inflation Become Harder to Forecast?"," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(7), pages 1849-1849, October.
- Hamid Faruqee, 1995.
"Long-Run Determinants of the Real Exchange Rate: A Stock-Flow Perspective,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 80-107, March.
- Hamid Faruqee, 1994. "Long-Run Determinants of the Real Exchange Rate; A Stock-Flow Perspective," IMF Working Papers 94/90, International Monetary Fund.
- José De Gregorio, 2010. "Monetary Policy and Financial Stability: An Emerging Markets Perspective," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 141-156, March.
- Larraín B., Felipe & Parro, Francisco, 2008. "Chile menos volátil," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(299), pages 563-596, julio-sep.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dobronogov, Anton & Gelb, Alan & Saldanha, Fernando Brant, 2014. "How should donors respond to resource windfalls in poor countries ? from aid to insurance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6952, The World Bank.
- Badeeb, Ramez Abubakr & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Clark, Jeremy, 2017.
"The evolution of the natural resource curse thesis: A critical literature survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 123-134.
- Ramez Badeed & Hooi Hooi Lean & Jeremy Clark, 2016. "The Evolution of the Natural Resource Curse Thesis: A Critical Literature Survey," Working Papers in Economics 16/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Andres Solimano & Diego Calderón Guajardo, 2017. "The copper sector, fiscal rules, and stabilization funds in Chile: Scope and limits," WIDER Working Paper Series 053, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:5:y:2017:i:3:p:29-:d:103932 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buncic, Daniel & Moretto, Carlo, 2015.
"Forecasting copper prices with dynamic averaging and selection models,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-38.
- Buncic, Daniel & Moretto, Carlo, 2014. "Forecasting Copper Prices with Dynamic Averaging and Selection Models," Economics Working Paper Series 1430, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Gelb, Alan & Tordo, Silvana & Halland, Havard & Arfaa, Noora & Smith, Gregory, 2014. "Sovereign wealth funds and long-term development finance : risks and opportunities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6776, The World Bank.
- Jair N. OJeda & Julián A. Parra Polanía & Carmiña O. Vargas, 2014.
"Natural-Resource Booms, Fiscal Rules and Welfare in a Small Open Economy,"
Borradores de Economia
807, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jair N. Ojeda & Julián A. Parra-Polanía & Carmiña O. Vargas, 2014. "Natural-Resource Booms, Fiscal Rules and Welfare in a Small Open Economy," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 011132, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Fabio Comelli & Esther Perez Ruiz, 2016. "To Bet or Not to Bet; Copper Price Uncertainty and Investment in Chile," IMF Working Papers 16/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Pedersen, 2015. "The Impact of Commodity Price Shocks in a Major Producing Economy. The Case of Copper and Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 753, Central Bank of Chile.
- Emanuel Kohlscheen & Fernando Avalos & Andreas Schrimpf, 2017.
"When the Walk Is Not Random: Commodity Prices and Exchange Rates,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 13(2), pages 121-158, June.
- Emanuel Kohlscheen & Fernando Avalos & Andreas Schrimpf, 2016. "When the walk is not random: commodity prices and exchange rates," BIS Working Papers 551, Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-09-05 (Central Banking)
- NEP-LAM-2011-09-05 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2011-09-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchwp:640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bccgvcl.html .