Believing in Oneself: Can Psychological Training Overcome the Effects of Social Exclusion?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2011.
"Nudging Farmers to Use Fertilizer: Theory and Experimental Evidence from Kenya,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(6), pages 2350-2390, October.
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2009. "Nudging Farmers to Use Fertilizer: Theory and Experimental Evidence from Kenya," NBER Working Papers 15131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Ray, Debraj, 1986. "Inequality as a Determinant of Malnutrition and Unemployment: Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(384), pages 1011-1034, December.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Rajeev Darolia & Bruce Wydick, 2011.
"The Economics of Parenting, Self‐esteem and Academic Performance: Theory and a Test,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 78(310), pages 215-239, April.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Dercon, Stefan & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2012. "Beyond fatalism: An empirical exploration of self-efficacy and aspirations failure in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 46, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordssocial exclusion; self-efficacy; self-esteem; future-orientation; sex workers;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2014-04-18 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2014-04-18 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HAP-2014-04-18 (Economics of Happiness)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cge:wacage:152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Snape). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaruk.html .