From Excess to Shortage - Recent Developments in the Danish Labour Market
The Danish labour market has undergone a remarkable change during the 1990s with a reduction of the unemployment rate from about 12 per cent in 1993 to less than 6 per cent at the turn of the century. This reflects both a turn in the business cycle but also structural changes related to shifts in labour market policies. The focus of labour market policies has been changed from passive measures towards more active measures and there has also been important changes in the unemployment insurance system. This paper offers an overview of the developments in the Danish labour market during the 1990s, and reviews the major policy shifts, as well as possible explanations of the remarkable reduction in unemployment.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstrasse 5, 81679 Munich|
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald O. Parsons & Torben Tranaes & Helene Bie Lilleør, 2015.
"Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5181, CESifo Group Munich.
- Parsons, Donald O. & Tranæs, Torben & Lilleør, Helene Bie, 2015. "Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance," IZA Discussion Papers 8783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Donald O. Parsons & Torben Tranæs & Helene Bie Lilleør, 1999. "Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance," EPRU Working Paper Series 03-05, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Jun 2003.
- Donald O. Parsons & Torben Tranaes & Helene Bie Lilleør, 2003. "Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance," CESifo Working Paper Series 1010, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta & Olivier Boylaud, 2000. "Summary Indicators of Product Market Regulation with an Extension to Employment Protection Legislation," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 226, OECD Publishing.
- Andersen, Torben M & Hylleberg, Svend, 2000. "Sources of Persistence in Employment Adjustment--Denmark 1974-93," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 72-95, January.
- Oswald Andrew J., 1996. "A Conjecture on the Explanation for High Unemployment in the Industrialized Nations : Part I," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 475, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.