Composite indicator for regional innovative systems of the countries with developing and transitional economy
Present article introduces composite indicator for regional innovative systems of the countries with developing and transitional economy. Using the factor analysis technique it exposes four principal unobservable factors, which reflect basic aspects of regional innovative systems. Those factors are used as sub indicators to elaborate composite indicator of the regional innovative systems. This composite indicator may be used for measurement of the regions innovative lavel. Proposed composite indicator can be easily adapted for other countries with developing and transitional economy (e.g. for the post USSR space). By way of illustration here are provided calculations of sub indicators and the composite indicator for Georgian regions (GRIS-2010).
|Date of creation:||15 Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004.
"A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo),"
CEIS Research Paper
44, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 629-654, April.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," SPRU Working Paper Series 111, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Arabella Bhutto & Pir Irfanullah Rashdi & Qazi Moinuddin Abro, 2012. "Indicators for science and technology policy in Pakistan: Entering the science, technology and innovation paradigm," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
- Birgitte Gregersen & Bjorn Johnson, 1997. "Learning Economies, Innovation Systems and European Integration," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 479-490.
- Parto, Saeed & Doloreux, David, 2004. "Regional Innovation Systems: A Critical Synthesis," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 17, United Nations University - INTECH.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.