Regional Innovation Systems: A Critical Synthesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John N H Britton, 2003. "Network structure of an industrial cluster: electronics in Toronto," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(6), pages 983-1006, June.
- Manfred M. Fischer, 2001. "Innovation, knowledge creation and systems of innovation," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(2), pages 199-216.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999.
"Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998. "Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- P Cooke & M G Uranga & G Etxebarria, 1998. "Regional Systems of Innovation: An Evolutionary Perspective," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(9), pages 1563-1584, September.
- Norma Rantisi, 2002. "The Local Innovation System as a Source of 'Variety': Openness and Adaptability in New York City's Garment District," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 587-602.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Simona Iammarino & Valeria Mastrostefano & Alberto Silvani, 2002. "Looking for Regional Systems of Innovation: Evidence from the Italian Innovation Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 173-186.
- Anthony Arundel & Aldo Geuna, 2004.
"Proximity and the use of public science by innovative European firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 559-580.
- Geuna, Aldo & Anthony Arundel, 2003. "Proximity and the Use of Public Science by Innovate European Firms," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 86, Royal Economic Society.
- Cooke, Philip, 2001. "Regional Innovation Systems, Clusters, and the Knowledge Economy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 945-974, December.
- Parto, Saeed, 2003. "Transitions: An Institutionalist Perspective," Research Memorandum 021, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ann Markusen, 2003.
"Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 701-717.
- Ann Markusen, 1999. "Fuzzy Concepts, Scanty Evidence, Policy Distance: The Case for Rigour and Policy Relevance in Critical Regional Studies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 869-884.
- Maskell, Peter & Malmberg, Anders, 1999. "Localised Learning and Industrial Competitiveness," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 167-185, March.
- Andrew Cumbers & Danny Mackinnon & Keith Chapman, 2003. "Innovation, collaboration, and learning in regional clusters: a study of SMEs in the Aberdeen oil complex," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(9), pages 1689-1706, September.
- P Cooke & M G Uranga & G Etxebarria, 1998. "Regional systems of innovation: an evolutionary perspective," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(9), pages 1563-1584, September.
- Kristian Colletis-Wahl & Bernard Pecqueur, 2001. "Territories, Development and Specific Resources: What Analytical Framework?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 449-459.
- Udo Staber, 2001. "The Structure of Networks in Industrial Districts," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 537-552, September.
- Harald Bathelt & Andersand Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "Clusters and Knowledge Local Buzz, Global Pipelines and the Process of Knowledge Creation," DRUID Working Papers 02-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sotiris Zygiaris, 2009. "Regional Innovation System Failures And Highlights," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 3(2), pages 54-76, DECEMBER.
- Anna A. Mikhaylova & Andrey S. Mikhaylov, 2016. "Re-distribution of knowledge for innovation around Russia," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 37-56.
- Pieter De Bruijn & Arnoud Lagendijk, 2005. "Regional Innovation Systems in the Lisbon strategy," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(8), pages 1153-1172, May.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2013. "The Geography of Patenting In India: Patterns and Determinants," MPRA Paper 50595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward Bergman & Gunther Maier, 2009. "Network central: regional positioning for innovative advantage," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 615-644, September.
- Philippe Lefebvre, 2017. "Les Stratégies Régionales d’Innovation de « spécialisation intelligente » en Europe (Smart Specialization Strategies) : Dynamiques territoriales endogènes et institutions exogènes," Working Papers hal-01494814, HAL.
- Gogodze, Joseph, 2013. "Composite indicator for regional innovative systems of the countries with developing and transitional economy," MPRA Paper 43911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lucio Morettini & Giulio Perani & Giorgio Sirilli, 2013. "The Concentration of Knowledge Activities in Italy: An Analysis at Local Level," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 28-39.
- repec:fan:mcmcmc:v:html10.3280/mc2017-001006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carolina Pasciaroni, 2013. "Ciudades de tamaño medio e innovacion: Una aproximacion sistemica," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 011078, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR.
- Massimo FLORIO & Emanuele OZZIMO, 2006. "Innovation strategies for SMEs and clusters: the challenges of a globalised Europe," Departmental Working Papers 2006-16, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Bergman, Edward M., 2007. "Cluster life-cycles: an emerging synthesis," SRE-Discussion Papers 214, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Arturo RodrÃguez-Castellanos & Markus Hagemeister & Stanislav Ranguelov, 2009. "Absorptive Capacity for R&D: The Identification of Different Firm Profiles," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(8), pages 1267-1283, April.
- Helen Lawton Smith & Saverio Romeo, 2016. "Regional Environments and Sector Developments: the Biotech Sector in Oxfordshire," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(4), pages 905-919, December.
- Luiz Ricardo Cavalcante & Simone Uderman, 2012. "Science, Technology and Innovation Policies in the Regional Development of Brazil," Chapters,in: The Regional Impact of National Policies, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jarský, Vilém, 2015. "Analysis of the sectoral innovation system for forestry of the Czech Republic. Does it even exist?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 56-65.
- Bianca Cavicchi & Sergio Palmieri & Marco Odaldi, 2017. "The Influence of Local Governance: Effects on the Sustainability of Bioenergy Innovation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-22, March.
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation systems; institutions; regionalisation; regions; research; policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unuint:200417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.