Is Optimal Monetary Policy Always Optimal?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Davig, Troy & Gürkaynak, Refet S., 2015. "Is Optimal Monetary Policy Always Optimal?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Davig, Troy & Gürkaynak, Refet S., 2015. "Is optimal monetary policy always optimal?," CFS Working Paper Series 510, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Davig, Troy A. & Gurkaynak, Refet S., 2015. "Is optimal monetary policy always optimal?," Research Working Paper RWP 15-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, revised 30 Jul 2015.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Jeremy Bulow & Kenneth Rogoff, 1988. "Multilateral Negotiations for Rescheduling Developing Country Debt: A Bargaining-Theoretic Framework," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(4), pages 644-657, December.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Julio J. Rotemberg (ed.), 1997. "NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026252242x, January.
- Frank Smets, 2014. "Financial Stability and Monetary Policy: How Closely Interlinked?," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(2), pages 263-300, June.
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2013. "Is monetary policy overburdened?," IMFS Working Paper Series 75, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Ben S. Bernanke & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1997. "Editorial in "NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12"," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yıldız AKKAYA & Refet S. GÜRKAYNAK, 2012. "Cari açık, bütçe dengesi, finansal istikrar ve para politikası: Heyecanlı bir dönemin izi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 27(315), pages 93-119.
- Avinash Dixit & Luisa Lambertini, 2003.
"Interactions of Commitment and Discretion in Monetary and Fiscal Policies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1522-1542, December.
- Avinash Dixit & Luisa Lambertini, 2003. "Interactions of Commitment and Discretion in Monetary and Fiscal Policies," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 575, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jordi Gal?, 2014. "Monetary Policy and Rational Asset Price Bubbles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(3), pages 721-752, March.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1997. "NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bern97-1, June.
- Julio Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1997. "An Optimization-Based Econometric Framework for the Evaluation of Monetary Policy," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12, pages 297-361 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravenna, Federico & Walsh, Carl E., 2012. "Monetary policy and labor market frictions: A tax interpretation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 180-195.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alan Blinder & Michael Ehrmann & Jakob de Haan & David-Jan Jansen, 2017.
"Necessity as the mother of invention: monetary policy after the crisis,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 32(92), pages 707-755.
- Alan S. Blinder & Michael Ehrmann & Jakob de Haan & David-Jan Jansen, 2016. "Necessity as the Mother of Invention: Monetary Policy after the Crisis," NBER Working Papers 22735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blinder, Alan S. & Ehrmann, Michael & de Haan, Jakob & Jansen, David-Jan, 2017. "Necessity as the mother of invention: monetary policy after the crisis," Working Paper Series 2047, European Central Bank.
- Alan Blindera & Michael Ehrmann & Jakob de Haan & David-Jan Jansen, 2016. "Necessity as the mother of invention monetary policy after the crisis," DNB Working Papers 525, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Delano S. Villanueva, "undated". "Challenges for Inflation Targeting," Working Papers wp10, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre.
- repec:ucp:macann:doi:10.1086/696069 is not listed on IDEAS
- Foresti, Pasquale, 2017. "Monetary and fiscal policies in interaction in monetary unions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69623, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:nbr:nberch:13955 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:3:p:379-388 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jong Ku Kang, 2016. "The Relation Between Monetary and Macroprudential Policy," Working Papers 2016-8, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- repec:boz:journl:v:31:y:2017:i:1:p:1-21 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscentral banking; monetary policy; fiscal policy; optimal policy; optimal policy mix;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_5473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.