Urban Shrinkage in Eastern Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Cristina Martinez‐Fernandez & Ivonne Audirac & Sylvie Fol & Emmanuèle Cunningham‐Sabot, 2012. "Shrinking Cities: Urban Challenges of Globalization," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 213-225, March.
- Peter Friedrich & Chang Woon Nam, 2011. "Innovation-Oriented Land-Use Policy At The Sub-National Level: Case Study Germany," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 84, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Thorsten Wiechmann & Karina M. Pallagst, 2012. "Urban shrinkage in Germany and the USA: A Comparison of Transformation Patterns and Local Strategies," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 261-280, March.
- Michael Berlemann & Jan-Erik Wesselhöft, 2012. "Total Factor Productivity in German Regions," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(02), pages 58-65, July.
- Birgit Glock & Hartmut Häussermann, 2004. "New trends in urban development and public policy in eastern Germany: dealing with the vacant housing problem at the local level," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 919-929, December.
- Franz-Josef Bade & Alexander Eickelpasch, 2011. "Fördermittel für strukturschwache Gebiete: die erfolgreiche 26-Milliarden-Euro-Subvention," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 78(5), pages 2-9.
- Andy Pike & Andres Rodriguez-Pose & John Tomaney, 2007. "What Kind of Local and Regional Development and for Whom?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(9), pages 1253-1269.
- Michael Berlemann & Vera Jahn, 2014. "Relative Innovative Capacity of German Regions: Is East Germany Still Lagging Behind?," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 14(04), pages 42-50, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tom Hudepohl & Ryan van Lamoen & Nander de Vette, 2019. "Quantitative easing and exuberance in stock markets: Evidence from the euro area," DNB Working Papers 660, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kauffmann, Albrecht, 2015. "Wie lässt sich die Bevölkerungsentwicklung von Städten korrekt ermitteln? Eine Methode zur Bereinigung amtlicher Daten um die Effekte von Gebietsänderungen am Beispiel von Ostdeutschland," IWH Online 5/2015, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
More about this item
Keywordsurban shrinkage; East Germany; post-industrial transformation; parallelism of demographic and economic development; smart growth; modern industries and services;
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_5200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.