Urban Social Exclusion in Transitional China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shi, Li, 2001. "Changes in Poverty Profile in China," WIDER Working Paper Series 021, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Denise Hare, 1999. "'Push' versus 'pull' factors in migration outflows and returns: Determinants of migration status and spell duration among China's rural population," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 45-72.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Bowles, Paul, 2002. "Segmentation and discrimination in China's emerging industrial labor market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 170-196.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2000. "Growth and poverty in rural China: the role of public investments," EPTD discussion papers 66, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kraus, Richard, 1983. "Bureaucratic privilege as an issue in Chinese politics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 673-682, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bingqin Li, 2006. "Urbanization and social policy in China," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 13(1), pages 1-26, June.
- Zhang, Huafeng, 2010. "The Hukou system's constraints on migrant workers' job mobility in Chinese cities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 51-64, March.
More about this item
Keywordssocial exclusion; urban China; rural to urban migrants;
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-02-26 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2006-02-26 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2006-02-26 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SEA-2006-02-26 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2006-02-26 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2006-02-26 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-02-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:sticas:082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/case/_new/publications/default.asp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.