Urban Social Exclusion in Transitional China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shi, Li, 2001. "Changes in Poverty Profile in China," WIDER Working Paper Series 021, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Denise Hare, 1999. "'Push' versus 'pull' factors in migration outflows and returns: Determinants of migration status and spell duration among China's rural population," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 45-72.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Bowles, Paul, 2002. "Segmentation and discrimination in China's emerging industrial labor market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 170-196.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2000. "Growth and poverty in rural China: the role of public investments," EPTD discussion papers 66, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kraus, Richard, 1983. "Bureaucratic privilege as an issue in Chinese politics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 673-682, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bingqin Li, 2006. "Urbanization and social policy in China," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 13(1), pages 1-26, June.
- Zhang, Huafeng, 2010. "The Hukou system's constraints on migrant workers' job mobility in Chinese cities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 51-64, March.
More about this item
Keywordssocial exclusion; urban China; rural to urban migrants;
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-02-26 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2006-02-26 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2006-02-26 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SEA-2006-02-26 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2006-02-26 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2006-02-26 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-02-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:sticas:082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/case/_new/publications/default.asp .