The Structure Of Production Technology Productivity And Aggregation Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morrison, Catherine J., 1986.
"Productivity measurement with non-static expectations and varying capacity utilization : An integrated approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 51-74.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1985. "Productivity Measurement with Nonstatic Expectations and Varying Capacity Utilization: An Integrated Approach," NBER Working Papers 1561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Rose & Spencer Star, 1978. "Homotheticity and the Relationship between Plant Output and Factor Prices under Perfect Competition," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(1), pages 92-97, February.
- Berndt, Ernst R, 1976. "Reconciling Alternative Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(1), pages 59-68, February.
- Fare, Rolf & Jansson, Leif, 1975. "On VES and WDI Production Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(3), pages 745-750, October.
- Friedman, James W, 1973. "Concavity of Production Functions and Non-Increasing Returns to Scale," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 981-984, September.
- Fuss, Melvyn A. & Gupta, Vinod K., 1981. "A cost function approach to the estimation of minimum efficient scale, returns to scale, and suboptimal capacity : With an application to Canadian manufacturing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 123-135.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1982. "Unbiased determination of production technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 285-323, November.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-383, June.
- Clark, Peter K & Haltmaier, Jane T, 1985. "The Labor Productivity Slowdown in the United States: Evidence from Physical Output Measures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 504-508, August.
- Blair, Roger D & Kraft, John, 1974. "Estimation of Elasticity of Substitution in American Manufacturing Industry from Pooled Cross-Section and Time-Series Observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 343-347, August.
- Guilkey, David K & Lovell, C A Knox & Sickles, Robin C, 1983. "A Comparison of the Performance of Three Flexible Functional Forms," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 591-616, October.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1975. "The Elasticity of Scale and the Shape of Average Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 492-497, June.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1981. "Short-Run Production Functions Based on Microdata," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1095-1125, September.
- Malcomson, James M, 1977. "Capital Utilization and the Measurement of the Elasticity of Substitution," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 45(2), pages 103-111, June.
- Simmons, Peter & Weiserbs, Daniel, 1979. "Translog Flexible Functional Forms and Associated Demand Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 892-901, December.
- Raymond J. Kopp & V. Kerry Smith, 1980. "Measuring Factor Substitution with Neoclassical Models: An Experimental Evaluation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 631-655, Autumn.
- Ringstad, Vidar, 1974. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Decreasing Scale Elasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 87-101, January.
- Guilkey, David K & Lovell, C A Knox, 1980. "On the Flexibility of the Translog Approximation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 137-147, February.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1979. "Paul Douglas's Measurement of Production Functions and Marginal Productivities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 923-939, October.
- Razin, Assaf, 1974. "A Note on the Elasticity of Derived Demand Under Decreasing Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 697-700, September.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Khaled, Mohammed S, 1979. "Parametric Productivity Measurement and Choice among Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1220-1245, December.
- Sosin, Kim H & Fairchild, Loretta G, 1984. "Nonhomotheticity and Technological Bias in Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 44-50, February.
- Berndt, Ernst R. & Fuss, Melvyn A., 1986. "Productivity measurement with adjustments for variations in capacity utilization and other forms of temporary equilibrium," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 7-29.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pinar Celikkol Geylani & Spiro Stefanou, 2011. "Productivity growth patterns in US dairy products manufacturing plants," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(24), pages 3415-3432.
- Douglas W Dwyer, 1995. "Technology Locks, Creative Destruction And Non-Convergence In Productivity Levels," Working Papers 95-6, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- John Thanassoulis, 2005. "List Prices, Bargaining and Resultant Productivity Diffusion Delay," Economics Series Working Papers 220, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Robert Breunig & Marn-Heong Wong, "undated".
"Australia's firm-level productivity -- a new perspective,"
Australasian Stata Users' Group Meetings 2004
2, Stata Users Group.
- Robert Breunig & Marn-Heong Wong, 2004. "Australia's Firm-level Productivity - a New Perspective," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 177, Econometric Society.
- Pinar Celikkol & Spiro Stefanou, 2004. "Productivity Growth Patterns in U.S. Food Manufacturing: Case of Dairy Products Industry," Working Papers 04-08, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Peter Klenow, 1998. "Learning Curves and the Cyclical Behavior of Manufacturing Industries," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(2), pages 531-550, April.
- Loof, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2002.
"Knowledge capital and performance heterogeneity: : A firm-level innovation study,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 61-85, March.
- Lööf, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2000. "Knowledge Capital and Performance Heterogeneity: A Firm Level Innovation Study," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 387, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 15 Aug 2000.
- Mark Doms & Eric J. Bartelsman, 2000.
"Understanding Productivity: Lessons from Longitudinal Microdata,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 569-594, September.
- Eric J. Bartelsman & Mark Doms, 2000. "Understanding productivity: lessons from longitudinal microdata," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Douglas Dwyer, 1998. "Technology Locks, Creative Destruction, and Non-Convergence in Productivity Levels," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(2), pages 430-473, April.
- Stefanou, Spiro E., 2009. "A Dynamic Characterization of Efficiency," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 0(Issue 1), pages 1-16.
- Pinar Celikkol & Spiro Stefanou, 2004. "Productivity Growth Patterns in U.S. Food Manufacturing: Case of Meat Products Industry," Working Papers 04-04, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- repec:cvs:starer:9724 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raies, Asma & Ben Mimoun, Mohamed, 2009. "Le mécanisme de sélection des firmes est-il efficace? Une approche en termes de coût d’opportunité," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 85(2), pages 183-207, juin.
More about this item
KeywordsCES; economic; research; micro; data; microdata; chief; economist;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cen:wpaper:91-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dawn Anderson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.