The Ethical Challenges and Professional Responses of Travel Demand Forecasters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skamris, Mette K. & Flyvbjerg, Bent, 1997. "Inaccuracy of traffic forecasts and cost estimates on large transport projects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 141-146, July.
- Brinkman, Anthony & Goldman, Todd, 1998. "Transportation Models In the Policy-Making Process: Uses, Misuses, And Lessons For The Future," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt47h925rc, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Mackie, Peter & Preston, John, 1998. "Twenty-one sources of error and bias in transport project appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Edwards, Marion & Mackett, Roger L, 1996. "Developing new urban public transport systems : An irrational decision-making process," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 225-239, October.
- A. Meltzer & Peter Ordeshook & Thomas Romer, 1983. "Introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Roy T. Meyers, 1996. "If policy analysts are depressed, what should they do about it?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 438-443.
- Nelson, Robert H, 1987. "The Economics Profession and the Making of Public Policy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 49-91, March.
- Tore Langmyhr, 2000. "The Rhetorical Side of Transport Planning," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(5), pages 669-684, October.
- Mackett, Roger L. & Edwards, Marion, 1998. "The impact of new urban public transport systems: will the expectations be met?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 231-245, May.
- Small, K. & Winston, C., 1998. ""The Demand for Transportation: Models and Applications"," Papers 98-99-6, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Rubin, Thomas A. & Moore II, James E. & Lee, Shin, 1999. "Ten myths about US urban rail systems," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-73, January.
- Goetz, Andrew R. & Szyliowicz, Joseph S., 1997. "Revisiting transportation planning and decision making theory: The case of Denver International Airport," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 263-280, July.
- Kenneth Button & Roger R. Stough (ed.), 0. "Transport Policy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1405.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1983. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 341-344, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tal, Gil & Cohen-Blankshtain, Galit, 2011. "Understanding the role of the forecast-maker in overestimation forecasts of policy impacts: The case of Travel Demand Management policies," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 389-400, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:itsrrp:qt9c3330tt. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/itucbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.